Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 07-14-2001, 08:51 PM

Default press the record button and there\'s a D, then a loop symbol, then a P???

when i opened up a session, I was able to record a keyboard part. Then right after when I made a new track to record another part...I click rec enable, then click the record button, and instead of flashing red like it's supposed to, a D shows up on the record button...click again and there's a loop symbol..click again and there's a P..then it just goes back to the regular, non-lighted up record button!

I've figured that those 3 things mean destructive recording, loop recording, and punch-in.........why do they keep popping up and not letting me record normally??????????
Old 07-14-2001, 09:56 PM

Default Re: press the record button and there\'s a D, then a loop symbol, then a P???

are you right clicking because the right click does change the record mode
Old 07-14-2001, 10:39 PM

Default Re: press the record button and there\'s a D, then a loop symbol, then a P???

no I regular clicked and right clicked, both don't change anything...i still can't record normal!
Old 07-14-2001, 11:49 PM

Not sure why they're changing up, but until somebody has a better answer, try just hitting F12 to start Recording.
Roy
Old 07-15-2001, 12:47 AM

for the love of God would someone please explain this....everything will be fine then all of a sudden I can't even press PLAY on the damn transport window cos it just makes it switch to a play loop mode button instead of actually PLAYING the song....

pleaseplease any help would be immediately appreciated...i can't even record...two tracks and my session is prematurely over, please help!!!!
Old 07-15-2001, 01:18 AM

by the way.....it seems when I restart my computer, it's back to normal, meaning left click for regular play/record, etc. and right click for that destructive/loop/punch in record button toggle..

I'm beginning to suspect (and sincerely hope against the possibility) that it has something to do with my computer speed or the mouse buttons messing up or something...? but I don't see how that could be...anyone know?

here are my specs:
Dell Dimension 4100
733 mhz w/ 133mhz side bus
128MB SDRAM
42 GIG HD, 39 GB free
Old 07-15-2001, 06:34 AM

i wouldn't worry about that too much. this program is full of little annoying bugs. digi cleaned up most of the worst ones. just work around the rest.

try using shortcuts instead of the mouse. play is the spacebar and record is ctrl+spacebar. its both a good workaround for your problem and its easier than the mouse.........
Old 07-15-2001, 02:17 PM

okay I tried all the suggestions..
-changed mouses (I have a cordless mouse, changed it to regular)>>didn't work
-tried every single possible keyboard shortcut ever, the best i can get is record pause mode-which in itself is different because when it's paused, instead of just flashing the RECORD button red, it flashes the PLAY, REC, and STOP button BLUE!

Wht the hell is going on pleeeeeeease tell me!! I hate this, I can't even record for 15 consecutive minutes without it doing this. And stupid tech support is not open on weekends...what the hell, when do they think people record????
Old 07-15-2001, 03:48 PM

try re-installing the standard mouse drivers that come with your version of windows... changing the mouse alone will not do it... you gotta change the mouse and the drivers...
Old 07-15-2001, 05:51 PM

If all else fails get in touch with digidesign's engineers via email. They have been very helpful to me in sorting out my problems.....good luck

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O