Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-12-2006, 06:48 PM

Default Pro Tools/ FantomX6 USB problem

Pro Tools doesnt seem to want to communicate with my Roland Fantom via the USB port. It worked great the first day I installed it but after that it just stopped working... I've re-installed the Roland USB driver and everything seems to be working fine with the fantom X and the software editor. The keyboard is communicating well with the computer. Patches load, change etc. So I know it is Pro-Tools that is being stupid.

Any ideas? Things I can download?

I think handshaking the keyboard will work, it SHOULD work, but I only have 2 MIDI cables and one is broken. (hence, no handshaking here) There is no reason however why Pro Tools should not work with the USB connection.

So here are some configurations:

On Pro-Tools

MIDI Sudio Setup: Tx channels 1-16 all set to receive, Rx channels all set to send

Input Port: Fantom X
Output Port: Fantom X

Pro Tools does recognize the driver and shows it on the MIDI I/O ports... but it doesnt send or receive jack.

On the Fantom:

Transmit Program change, bank select, active sensing etc. is all set to "ON"

Receive program change, bank select, and Exclusive are all set to "ON" as well...

Thanx for your help!
Old 04-17-2006, 09:51 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools/ FantomX6 USB problem

(disclaimer -- i probably don't know what the heck i'm talking about.....)

i'm not sure why you want to communicate w/roland via usb for tracking (not even sure you can, but see disclaimer above). i use the fantom's usb capability only when moving data files/samples from my mac to the fantom, otherwise, when used for tracking, it's all midi. there is a setting on the fantom (check around pp. 148-151 in the manual, i'm at work and don't have it with me now) that sets how midi/usb are treated on the fantom. make sure you have the setting you want, and then be sure to save that setting so it starts up that way for you, otherwise, it will default to whatever the last saved version was.

good luck!
steve
Old 04-18-2006, 10:22 AM
Avid

Default Re: Pro Tools/ FantomX6 USB problem

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences>By Host and trash 'com.apple.midi.a bunch of numbers and letters.plist'.

Go to MacHD>Users>your account>Library>Preferences and trash 'com.apple.audio.audiomidisetup.plist'.

Empty the trash and restart, then see if everything is working.