Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24

Old 11-02-2008, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Digi Tech Support: Control|24 Clicking Noise on Power On

Hey I'm being a bit of posting slut in this forum at the moment, sorry. But would love to hear nearly a year on Echo if your problem has been solved with the old Molex...

please let us know!

Cheers,

Hammers.
Old 11-18-2008, 02:22 PM

I just encountered this today. Reseated all connectors on the PSU board a number of times with no effect. Nothing looks fried or smells bad on the PSU... is it a bad move to order a replacement?

The Digi tech may also include new updated cabling with the PSU - at least the repair techs know how bad those connectors are.

2022 Mac Studio Max 64GB / 1TB, macOSX 13.6.5, 2019 i9 MacBook Pro (15,3), macOSX 14.4, PT Ulti 2024.3.0, DAR 5.1, MDA Creator1.5, Rx10 Advanced, Ozone 10 Advanced, Kontakt 7, Soundminer v6Pro, Spanner 3, PaulXStretch,
EuControl 2023.11.0, Avid Control 2023.11.0, Avid S1, iPad Pros 12.9" gen 3 & gen 4, Apollo 8 Duo, UAD-2 Satellite Quad, Glyph 2TB tb3 NVMe SSD, x2 Glyph 2TB SSDs, x1 Glyph 4TB SSD, OWC tb3 Dock, OWC Thunderbay 8 62TB
Old 12-01-2008, 10:12 AM

Ed,

Digi will not include the DC harness with the power supply. At least I'd be amazed if they did.

There is soldering involved and it's quite the involved task.

Not a 'User serviceable part' as I recall.

Update on mine for this particular thread.

Mine went to Digi for some extensive work. I have a lot of NEW components in mine, including pre's, all faders, fader boards (From what I understand), Monitor board, power supply, etc (Not all at once).

The biggest thing that I think has helped is that Digi put in their new DC harness when it went in.

I have had very few problems.

Actually since it went back for repairs, the only issue I've had was the monitor board, and now there is a new one in it. At least we hope that was the problem! If it happens again (Popping, and drawing speakers all the way in), then I'd say it's still a power related issue (PSU or Harness/connections)

The crimps is a worthwhile fix.

Mouser is easy to use, very reasonable, quick to ship in many cases, and I think they ship worldwide.

I'd give it a go.

From the looks of things, I'd say ECHO just replaced the stuff at the PSU. Not a bad idea. But once you've done that, if you still have issues, you might explore doing others as well, like on the CUB, Monitor board, Fader boards, Pre's, etc. Everything you can get at. Seems that those on the PSU are worst, but they all share the same problem.

good luck guys!

Mac Pro 5,1 3.33 GHz Hex, 32GB
EFI Flashed - 5 GT/s Modded 7950, Dual Apple 23"
OSX Sierra
Pro Tools HD 11.2.2
Waves IOS, IOX, STG2412
Extreme Server (x2)
Logic Pro X, DSP Quattro, Final Cut Pro X
Waves Mercury+SSL+AbbeyRoads
Trident S65 with embedded US-2400

Live:
2012 Mac Mini, Dual SSD, i7 2.4, 16GB
Win 10, OSX Sierra
LV1, MRSG
Hardware from above (same gear)
Dual Dell P2418HT Touch Screens
Waves Icon X (x2), M, with Screens
Custom enclosure
Old 05-18-2012, 11:29 AM

Angry Re: Digi Tech Support: Control|24 Clicking Noise on Power On

Hello everybody. Mine is doing the same thing. Few days ago it would go on in less than a minute but right now it's lasting like 8 hours to get on. It's really annoying now. I'm waiting for it to get on while I'm writing. I'm really bothered right now mad: . With such an expensive board and now I can't even use it. How can I replace the power supply please? What happens if I left it on for 5 days?:
Old 05-19-2012, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moiblest3 View Post
Hello everybody. Mine is doing the same thing. Few days ago it would go on in less than a minute but right now it's lasting like 8 hours to get on. It's really annoying now. I'm waiting for it to get on while I'm writing. I'm really bothered right now mad: . With such an expensive board and now I can't even use it. How can I replace the power supply please? What happens if I left it on for 5 days?:
DONT LEAVE IT ON OVERNIGHT. If you leave for a hour turn it off.
There is a thread where somebody says the power supply can be fixed for $40 .

If your getting paid to stay awake for 5 days well great leave it on. Its not a SSL or NEVE so turn it off. They say people go clinically insane after 3 days with no sleep so don't stay up for 5 days straight and don't leave it on for 5 days straight either. When the sessions over turn off your Control24.