Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2021, 09:38 AM

Default Why doesn't Pro tools "see" my Eucon controllers consistently?

Hi There,

I've been using Eucon controllers for years now, and unfortunately, I always seem to have do turn them on/off or go to peripherals to get Pro Tools to "see" them. What am I doing wrong?

Here's is the order in which I launch my applications:
Daman, then Eucontrol, then Pro Tools.

On an almost daily basis, I open up a Pro Tools session, I go to make a fader move, and I see all the faders down, and the Avid logo across the OLED display.

The Eucontrol app "see"s the Artist mix (and Avid Control on an iPad). In peripherals, I have the "Eucon Control Surfaces" box checked PT peripherals. What am I doing wrong?

At this point, I start turning on/off the artist mix, avid control, re-launching Eucontrol, re-launching Avid Control. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Sometimes right when the artist mix "wakes up". and "sees" the PT session, it then crashes Pro Tools.

It would seem that once I have the system correctly configured, it should just work, no? This has been my experience for years. Basically, I have to do this every time I start work, and it's frustrating. Is this normal? It makes me not want to spend any more time or money investing in Eucontrol.

Is anyone working in a Eucontrol environment that just works every time you launch Pro Tools? How do you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Ken Sluiter

system specs

-Pro Tools Ultimate v2021.10
-Eucontrol v2021.10.0.96
-Avid Control v2021.10.0.40
-DADman v5.50 (build 2)
-Mac OS Big Sur v11.6.1