Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)

Old 04-08-2012, 12:50 PM

Default Pro Tools with Windows 7 ??? (Fast Track Pro & Oxygen 49 keyboard)

Hi there,

I've been using the Fast Track Pro & Oxygen 49 keyboard with Pro Tools m-powered 7 on my Windows Vista laptop for the past couple of years, also using Reason 4 as a plug-in.

Recently I got around to getting a decent PC built with plenty of capability to run everything faster & smoother... installed with Windows 7 home premium (32 bit).
Last night I installed Reason 5, downloaded the up to date drivers for the Fast Track Pro & the Oxygen keyboard... only to discover that my Pro Tools 7 apparently won't work with Windows 7! Great!

I've spent a few hours searching this forum & others to find a solution & there doesn't seem to be one. I'm gutted! I've just spent a fortune on this PC, Windows 7, new monitors etc...
Is there way around having to buy a later Pro Tools???

If not, then does Pro Tools 8 work with Windows 7?
What would be the benefits of getting a later one, 9 or 10?

Regarding Pro Tools 8, 9 or 10...
Will they all work with my current hardware & software setup? Don't want to buy one & then find I need a new audio interface as well (I've seen the m-box on the website, does the Fast Track Pro still work with latest Pro Tools?) etc etc...

Your advice is greatly appreciated. I really need to get this sorted ASAP!

Lianne. (UK)