Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-27-2007, 10:53 AM

Default Help me! Volume dip when processing Audiosuite plug-in\'s

hello everyone.
I am running OS 10.3.9 on a G4 and i am running pro tools LE 6.9.

I have had this issue for awhile now that I am just now trying to rectify. As I have an older computer, processing power is sometimes in short supply. Often times, during a session, I will decide to process some of the plug-in's I have been using in order to free up some CPU space. I usually will start by processing my EQ's. When I attempt to process plug ins, I find that the newly processed track has a very drastic volume dip from before I processed it. As I process with the exact same settings I was using when I had the plug in as an insert, why would I be getting this big volume drop? Has anyone else experienced this problem who can help me? Off hand, I remember it happening most recently with T-racks EQ, but i am fairly certain it has happened with other plug in's as well. thank you - Erik
Old 05-27-2007, 06:11 PM

Default Re: Help me! Volume dip when processing Audiosuite plug-in\'s

Eric,

If you only select a second of the file and Audiosuite-process it, can you see the level drop on the waveform (ie, graphical display)?

Roey
Old 05-28-2007, 10:44 AM

Hey Roey, thank you for responding,

Yes, I can see a change in the graphical wave form when I process the plug in. As I am using an EQ, I would expect some change in the waveform? The wave form is considerably smaller than the original though. The same thing occurred when I tested it on a one second sample. Any idea what could be causing this? - Erik
Old 05-28-2007, 09:10 PM

Well,

Perhaps you could try the following:

Create a new session.
Import some audio into a track.
Select 3 seconds.
Process these 3 second with your EQ via Audiosuite. Don't dial anything on the EQ - just have it neutralized.

Does the level still drops?