Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools | Carbon

Old 04-01-2021, 02:56 PM

Default Question about volume going up after recording

First off, I'm loving the Carbon. DSP Mode is amazing...I loved being able to plug in to the front of the interface and use eleven to track something quick.

Maybe a noob question...but I'm noticing an increase in volume after punching in on a track. Where the vocal or guitar sounds like it's poking out obnoxiously louder than what it was set at. Going into the mix window and just clicking the fader (not moving it) seems to reset it. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a feature or something that I can turn off? Thanks!

edit to add: not doing anything fancy or using automation. Just DSP tracks in a pretty straightforward session.
Old 04-01-2021, 03:55 PM
Avid

Default Re: Question about volume going up after recording

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySchlitz View Post
First off, I'm loving the Carbon. DSP Mode is amazing...I loved being able to plug in to the front of the interface and use eleven to track something quick.

Maybe a noob question...but I'm noticing an increase in volume after punching in on a track. Where the vocal or guitar sounds like it's poking out obnoxiously louder than what it was set at. Going into the mix window and just clicking the fader (not moving it) seems to reset it. Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a feature or something that I can turn off? Thanks!

edit to add: not doing anything fancy or using automation. Just DSP tracks in a pretty straightforward session.
Hello,

Glad to hear you're enjoying Carbon and DSP Mode!

Regarding the volume issue, we resolved the following in 2021.3 which sounds similar:

Fixed an issue where monitor output level would be louder when recording to DSP Mode-enabled tracks with count off enabled. (PT-270388)

Are you running 2021.3 yet?
Berkeley, CA
Old 04-01-2021, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Hello,

Regarding the volume issue, we resolved the following in 2021.3 which sounds similar:

Fixed an issue where monitor output level would be louder when recording to DSP Mode-enabled tracks with count off enabled. (PT-270388)

Oh excellent! That sounds like the issue. I haven't updated yet, so I'll check it out. Thanks!
Old 04-02-2021, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle Splittgerber View Post
Hello,

Really impressed that the avid team is on every bug and resolving them for Carbon. Excited to get mine soon here in Amsterdam :)
Old 04-02-2021, 06:52 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeySchlitz View Post
Oh excellent! That sounds like the issue. I haven't updated yet, so I'll check it out. Thanks!
Ok, great. Let us know if that doesn't fix it.
Berkeley, CA
Old 04-02-2021, 06:56 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkwavo View Post
Really impressed that the avid team is on every bug and resolving them for Carbon. Excited to get mine soon here in Amsterdam :)
Awesome. Congrats on the purchase!
Berkeley, CA