Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 01:46 AM

Default Contour ShuttlePro and Mackie not working in PT7?

I can't get my original (not version 2) Contour ShuttlePro to work with ProTools 7 HD. Anybody use one of these and get it to work with PT7? Or is it just on my end? It works in Adobe Acrobat Reader but ProTools doesn't respond at all. It's really strange since I think all it does is send keystroke macros just like a qwerty keyboard would.

Also, my Mackie universal is running out of tokens (even though I added 9000 per line), usually after I use the buttons like "undo", "save", "enter" and etc. I built a dummy session with tons of fader moves and didn't get the "Ran out of 82 bit tokens" message. Seems to be just the buttons that do it.

It also will randomly freeze ProTools (as in Not Responding). After restarting the PC and PT without the Mackie turned on and deselected from the MIDI Controllers preference, all is stable again. I'm using an M-Audio USB 1X1 MIDI Interface with it.

Anybody?

http://www.badrap.org
Old 11-21-2005, 10:38 AM
Avid

Default Re: Contour ShuttlePro and Mackie not working in PT7?

Do you have the latest version of the M-Audio 1x1 MIDI driver installed? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the driver?

Have you made sure to disable all extraneous hardware (NIC cards, wireless, sound cards, etc.) as well as all your startup items other than MMERefresh?
Old 11-21-2005, 02:35 PM

Thanks for your response.

I just tried all of the options but it's still freezing Pro Tools. Reinstalled the latest USB 1X1 driver, and I disabled all startup items except the Digi MMERefresh. I also disabled the ethernet, MAC Bridge and 1391 network port since this PC isn't connected to the internet anyway. Also disabled the serial, parallel and game ports for good measure. I use the built in sound for CD Architect so I left that enabled.

I'm using an Asus P4C800-E, 3.2 ghz P4 with hyperthreading enabled.

It only freezes when I have the Mackie Universal connected. Otherwise it's pretty stable.

Any other ideas? Also, any ideas about the ShuttlePro?

Thanks

Old 11-23-2005, 08:37 PM

I just swapped out the Mackie for a Digi Command 8. It seems stable so far, at least the things that would make the Mackie crash. I don't know if it was the USB MIDI interface or the Mackie itself, but it started getting flakey after upgrading to PT7.

Old 11-27-2005, 08:30 AM

Quote:
I don't know if it was the USB MIDI interface or the Mackie itself, but it started getting flakey after upgrading to PT7.
IMHO, there's a problem with the M-audio USB midi devices and PT7. I've tried the 1x1 and
the 4x4 and both have problems seeing my Mackie MCU. I used the MIDI on another firewire
device, and the MCU has been working flawlessly with that. my digi midi box shows up
tomorrow and i'll let you know how it works with that (i 'spect it will ;-) ).

jeff
ps: it's not just the MCU, there's a spectrum of odd problems with midi devices
(in general) when using the M-audio midisport boxes on PT7 & XP.