Default Re: Perpetual users with support get full access to Inner Circle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
things are really stepping-up now.
PSP oldTimer.
free. yes, that's right. free !
what's next you may ask ?
Bomb Factory ?
LOL I was actually going to say sorry for being SO grumpy about this before. The Comeback Kid delay sounds wicked and OldTimer ME for 9.99 is not bad ... I have a few PSP plugs but not that one so it was appreciated as basically a freebie.

So thanks for that Avid!
Old 08-19-2022, 06:12 AM

I guess I am too old to be much more than neither impressed or skeptical

But then I have never been part of " The in crowd". I just left that to Dobie

Enjoy the Journey
.... Kev...
Old 08-22-2022, 01:14 PM

Ahh good. I thought I was the only one kinda offended by the "cutting edge perks"...

You guys remember Pluggo? I loved the Pluggo pack, very colorful stuff for the time and it was actually RTAS! Primitive looking GUIs but you could really mangle sounds with them...

Anyway, talking about outdated stuff.
(16GB RAM, 1TB SSD internal)
Samsung T7 x a few
Samsung 980 Pro x 2 (in Acasis TB/USB 4 enclosures)
Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt (my hero)
Old 08-22-2022, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakhead View Post
things are really stepping-up now.
PSP oldTimer.
free. yes, that's right. free !
what's next you may ask ?
Bomb Factory ?
This is the absolute height of Avid generosity. It's like Credit Card rewards points. Feels like they're just giving back some of my gouged money.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:23 AM

For that “value” why don’t avid rewards us with an 1 year updates. It would cost less and we’d all be happy.
Old 08-23-2022, 09:45 AM

We stay clear of “free” “bonus” plugins since it is not uncommon for those “free” “bonus” plugins to lose support and become a liability if one must open an older project where a “free” “bonus” plugin was used that is no longer supported and which now creates all kinds of trouble.

So for us, being given Inner Circle membership is not very valuable to us…what we would really appreciate is an update that provides native M1 support! Once Pro Tools supports M1 SOCs we will be able to start migrating to the M1 platform.
Luna 1.5.5, Logic Pro 10.8.1/Logic Pro 10.7.9, Cubase Pro 13.0.30, Studio One Pro 6.6, Pro Tools Studio 2024.3.1, PreSonus Quantum 2, UA-2 Software 11.2, UA Apollo 8, UA Apollo Twin Mk 2 (2), UAD-2 Thunderbolt Satellite Quad (2), Fractal Axe Fx III Mk. II Turbo FW 25, USB FW 1.15 and Axe-Edit III 1.13.19, Studio A: Apple iMac 2020, i7 8-core 3.8 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP5700XT GPU, 10 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Ventura 13.6.6. Studio B: Apple iMac 2015, i7 4-core 4 GHz, 64 GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, RP395X GPU, 1 Gb/s Ethernet, MacOS Monterey 12.7.1.
Old 08-23-2022, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontLetMeDrown View Post
This is the absolute height of Avid generosity. It's like Credit Card rewards points. Feels like they're just giving back some of my gouged money.
Yes, good analogy . . . and just like credit card points it expires after a year.
Old 08-23-2022, 08:00 PM

theyre just buttering perpetual users up with goodies for the inevitable "perpetual is deprecated and now you MUST switch to subscription srry" roadmap lol

i called perpetual going away 4 years ago it was obvious, they are just slowly transitioning it out. inner circle is the first step to that.
Old 08-24-2022, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rampartthemovie View Post
theyre just buttering perpetual users up with goodies for the inevitable "perpetual is deprecated and now you MUST switch to subscription srry" roadmap lol

i called perpetual going away 4 years ago it was obvious, they are just slowly transitioning it out. inner circle is the first step to that.
That first paragraph makes no sense whatsoever to me.

As for the second, I'd have thought that stopping selling new perpetual licenses is rather more obvious first step than giving people freebies. In fact, the freebies part doesn't really fit the narrative at all and suggests the opposite, that they're resigned to many existing customers never going to subscription. The most logical thing for them to do in that case would be to entice people to get current with their licenses and recoup money that may.

A perpetual license-holder that always keeps their support plan up to date is, effectively, a subscriber with a different label. So if the freebies help people getting up to date, it's an easy win for Avid.

Of course a much better way to encourage people to get up to date is release features people actually want and need. I think Melodyne integration will do a lot more for them there than Inner Circle.

PT 2024 Ultimate; W11 Pro; Ryzen 9 7900; 64gb RAM; RME Babyface; UAD Quad Satellite USB; GTX 1050i
Macbook Air M2; 24gb RAM