Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 01-12-2021, 04:50 AM

Default Pro Control Main Unit Meters and Counter Freeze

Good People,
My Pro Control main unit’s meters and counter have become intermittent shortly after powering on and then will freeze up with random led’s illuminated. The rest of the controls still seem to function normally. Expansion packs are functioning normally as well. Has anyone experienced this before or have a suggested fix?
Thank you,
John
Old 01-12-2021, 05:23 AM

Default Re: Pro Control Main Unit Meters and Counter Freeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by superfeed View Post
Good People,
My Pro Control main unit’s meters and counter have become intermittent shortly after powering on and then will freeze up with random led’s illuminated. The rest of the controls still seem to function normally. Expansion packs are functioning normally as well. Has anyone experienced this before or have a suggested fix?
Thank you,
John

Hi,

Could be as simple as a cable needing to be re-seated. a bad connection etc.You should try opening it up and go through the cables connected to the meters and counter. other than that it could be a power supply but would have thought more symptoms would be showing. or could be a component on the controller board for that section of the surface. try the cables first and see.

I believe you can open it up by turning it upside down placing it on a soft surface and remove all the screws on the base.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 01-13-2021, 09:39 AM

Thank you, Chris. I'll give that a try tonight.
Old 01-16-2021, 08:37 AM

I took both connectors (ribbon cable and Molex) off the meter/counter board last night and spayed out the connectors with de-oxit. Also pulled other end of ribbon cable where it attaches to circuit board and sprayed that too. I bent Molex pins of meter/counter slightly in middle. After reassembly, system worked without freezing up for several hours.

I have been into this main unit several times chasing bad solder joints and loose Molex contacts.

System (while well used) is new to me (as well as Pro Tools). Looking forward to reliability and getting a little higher on the learning curve.

Thank you for your help!

John