Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > ProControl, Control|24, Command|8

Old 12-11-2020, 06:16 AM

Default Re: control 24 psu repair for $40!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan.TweekStudios View Post
Hello duc, I haven't posted too many times, but I've followed the boards for a long time and have gotten a ton of useful info from here. I just wanted to share a bit of info on my last control 24 psu experience. My psu took a dump on me for the first time. So I did what most people would do and contacted my local avid certified repair center. They said they could replace the psu for 500, or repair for 300. I was excited because from what I've seen on here that's a relatively cheap price. So I proceeded to pull the psu out to ship it. When I got it out I noticed a small company logo on the board by the name of "Skynet". I found their website and gave them a call. It turn out that they're the company that built and supplied the psu to digidesign when they built the control 24. And that they will repair any of they're produce, reguardless of make or model for only 40! I couldn't believe what I heard, so I sent it to then instead. Within two days they called me and informed me that they received the psu, repaired it, and shipped it back. I received it in the mail about 4 days later.. I installed it, and it has worked flawlessly ever since. If anyone was wondering, the report said the problem was the capacitor at "c20". From what I hear that's very common. I'm jot sire if this violates the forum rules, but I just wanted to share my experience and maybe help people save a few hundred bucks. You can find their website on google
We repair the power supplies with 35 years of experience find us on Google under Avanti Power Repairs Ltd or 01189-820 911