Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2022, 10:34 PM

Default My Midi Instrument Plug in is playing the wrong notes compared to my MIDI KEYBOARD

Hello, I am currently having an issue where my instrument Plug in in this case Scaler. For example if I press a C note on my MIDI KEYBOARD the Instrument appears to press a G# My Midi controller is Nektar Impact LC 25+
Old 11-28-2022, 05:45 AM

Default Re: My Midi Instrument Plug in is playing the wrong notes compared to my MIDI KEYBOAR

If you try another plugin, something simple like Mini Grand (that is, if you have installed the AIR Instruments bundle that comes with PT), I think you'll find that it plays the right notes. Scaler is a tool that can take your midi input and transform it in different ways, so I guess it's some of its settings that is causing the transposition.
Old 11-28-2022, 12:56 PM

Default Re: My Midi Instrument Plug in is playing the wrong notes compared to my MIDI KEYBOAR

What he said. Or... your keyboard controller is transposing in real time without you realizing it, or you have real time transposing turned on in ProTools. I suspect it's the plugin though.