Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 9
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2010, 10:09 PM

Default -- what the...? 002r = dodgy, Mbox2 = no; can't 'bounce'

-
Hi everyone....

it's been a struggle since PT 9 dload...

-been having on/off DigiCore Audio Mgr issues with the 002r (i would have to load CoreAudio Mgr for my 002r to be powered on, and recognized... finally disable the "pro tools aggregate" device, and it resembled the old days with buffer settings, etc. (luckily was able to figure it out before a recording session, which went well...)

- however, my Mbox2 isn't lighting up at all... and won't allow me to "bounce" (crashes)

ERROR MESSAGES:
1)
Could not complete the Playback Engine command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/ws.Preston/AlturaPorts/DFW/MacBuild/../Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1346

2)
Could not complete the Use Delay Compensation command because Assertion in "/Volumes/Development/ws.Preston/AlturaPorts/DFW/MacBuild/../Views/UMenu.MacOS.mm", line 1346

mac 10.6.4
intel 2.5 core 2 duo | macbook pro
Old 11-10-2010, 10:41 PM

Thumbs down Re: -- what the...? 002r = dodgy, Mbox2 = no; can't 'bounce'

so... i jumped the gun on the PT 9 Mbox driver (as opposed to the Mbox"2" driver.)

the mbox"2" is now recognized, but it won't allow me to 'choose' it in PT, as a hardware device...

Even when opening up 'aggregate devices' and choosing to use it for i/o ~ it doesn't load when PT is back up... just spins the beach ball... then plays out of my computer speakers... ???

...at least i'm able to 'bounce,' now, using my speakers... what the heck is going on???

my 002rack eventually was recognized with the old-school HW/playback settings... but not the MBox2...
Old 11-10-2010, 10:46 PM

Default Re: -- what the...? 002r = dodgy, Mbox2 = no; can't 'bounce'

as well... when installing the driver(s)

ERROR MESSAGE:
System extension cannot be used

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/CNQL1208_ClassicNotSeize.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. PLease try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

...this came up when installing the driver for Mbox2... and I believe it came up for the 002rack too...

however, the installer will eventually say that the installation was 'successful.'
Old 01-15-2011, 05:33 AM

In the middle of the SL and pt 9 cross grade as well. This was my error message:

The system extension "/System/Library/Extensions/CNQL1212_ClassicNotSeize.kext" was installed improperly and cannot be used. Please try reinstalling it, or contact the product's vendor for an update.

Did you just keep running the installer to get it to install properly?
Old 01-15-2011, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFrazier View Post
so... i jumped the gun on the PT 9 Mbox driver (as opposed to the Mbox"2" driver.)

the mbox"2" is now recognized, but it won't allow me to 'choose' it in PT, as a hardware device...

Even when opening up 'aggregate devices' and choosing to use it for i/o ~ it doesn't load when PT is back up... just spins the beach ball... then plays out of my computer speakers... ???

...at least i'm able to 'bounce,' now, using my speakers... what the heck is going on???

my 002rack eventually was recognized with the old-school HW/playback settings... but not the MBox2...
The aggregate settings is for using your computer as the sound card. So it is correct that you would hear sound out of your computer speakers. If you want to use the 002 as your output, you must select it after the driver has been installed.

Make sure you have the correct version of the drivers:

http://avid.custkb.com/avid/app/self...p?DocId=379411

And check for incompatible plug-ins.
http://www.videopark.com
MacPro 6 core 3.33 GHz, OS 10.12.1, 8 GB RAM, PT12.6.1, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, PreSonus DigiMax, MC Control V3.5, dual displays,
Neumann U-47, Tab V76 mic pre, RCA 44BX and 77DX, MacBook Pro 9,1, 2.3 Mhz, i7, CBS Labs Audimax and Volumax.
Ampex 440B half-track and four-track, 351 tube full-track mono, MM-1100 16-track.