Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 08-11-2022, 09:25 AM

Default Import Session Data not working properly PT 2022.6 Apple M1 Monterey

Hello,

We just installed a new station in our studio, an Apple M1 Max with Monterey v 12.5 running Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.6, and all seems to be working, except for the import session data function. When I try to use it the import dialog doesn’t show any of the tracks from the source session, so I can’t import any of the tracks or its clips… I can though import markers and other stuff. Also, if I have matching tracks I can press the Match Tracks button and then it will import the clips normally for the matching tracks. I have tried with several different ptx files, created in PT versions ranging from 2020.5 to 2022.6 and it doesn’t make a difference. Does anybody have the same issue? Anybody has any clue on how to solve this?

Thanks.
Old 08-11-2022, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Import Session Data not working properly PT 2022.6 Apple M1 Monterey

Just curious if you’re doing this via an .omf or .aaf file? Tried both?
Old 08-11-2022, 12:08 PM

Default Re: Import Session Data not working properly PT 2022.6 Apple M1 Monterey

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw rec View Post
Just curious if you’re doing this via an .omf or .aaf file? Tried both?
Neither. Sorry if this wasn't clear, but I'm specifically trying to import data from ptx files. I haven't tried aaf or omf yet, but anyways I need the ptx import to work, that's fundamental for our workflow at the studio.
Old 08-11-2022, 12:33 PM

Unable to repro here. Can you please try resizing the Import Session Data window, or try adjusting your screen's resolution and reply back whether either affects this? Thanks.
Old 08-12-2022, 06:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Unable to repro here. Can you please try resizing the Import Session Data window, or try adjusting your screen's resolution and reply back whether either affects this? Thanks.
Thanks for the reply! You nailed it! it’s a screen resolution problem. If I change the resolution the tracks show up. The weird thing is that I’m actually scaling down the resolution since it was at maximum. So there’s another problem now which is that, after changing the resolution, I can’t see most of the session data section from the dialog. Another weird thing is that, in order to see the track list, it seems I have to resize the resolution every time I open the import session data dialog. If I open the dialog already in the smaller resolution it doesn’t show up. It appears that the act of changing the res is what is making the tracks show up.

Now I switched to a bigger screen and it works fine.

Just in case anyone is curious, the smaller screens I was using are Philips 193V5L (18,5”, max res 1366x768), now I switched to an AOC 22B1H (22”, max res 1920x1080).

It still would be nice to know if there’s any fix for this in smaller screens (a fix that doesn’t involve changing the res every time) since we have multiple pt stations here and some of them are using smaller screens.

But thank you so much for the help!