Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2022, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Anybody successfully using an HD Native TB/Omni with a Mac Studio?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tekzenmusic View Post
Hello, does anyone have any tips for getting my HD thunderbolt native to work with my Mac Studio M1 Max?

I've done the reduced security steps per this article https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ation-on-macOS

However, it's not even showing up as connected under system report.

I'm using the cable it came with (although it does say DisplayPort cable on it) with the Apple thunderbolt connector. I've tried using a powered thunderbolt hub but no luck. I'm not getting any LEDs on the unit.

I'm on PT Ultimate 2022.9.0 & 12.3.1
You're using a TB3 to TB 2 adapter, something like this one?

https://www.apple.com/shop/product/M...D4595%252B401f

Which OS are you running?

Did you perform the task where you boot the computer into Recovery Mode, dial-back the security measures, then reinstall HD Drivers? My HD Thunderbolt box wouldn't show up either until I went through that step.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:31 AM

Hi Eric,

Yep that same one

yep.

EDIT: Working now, they had sent me a Displayport cable instead of thunderbolt, thanks for your help regardless!

Last edited by Tekzenmusic; 10-05-2022 at 12:59 PM.
Old 06-22-2023, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
If he purchased upgrades through Sweetwater and should have purchased Ultimate I expect Sweetwater will fix this/make him whole.

Lots of choices out there with good USB interfaces that surpass the sound quality of Omni. But to me it would be that Ommi is nice but very limited I/O and if I was being annoyed about licensing I'd dump and run. And end up with a more capable interface.
Slightly off topic, I’m moving to Mac Studio and have Omni PCIe. Can you suggest specific interfaces that exceed Omni quality? I’ve considered Avid Mbox Studio but don’t know yet if this is comparable or a step down. Otherwise RME UFX III is a pricier consideration.

EDIT: I just found a few suggestions in your later post thanks.

Thanks,
Sky

Mac Studio M2 Max 12/30/64GB/4TB, RME UFX III, Pro Tools Ultimate, MacOS Ventura.