Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2007, 09:34 PM

Default Bizarre behavior on D-Control

This isn't necessarily the D-Control's fault but is totally weird and it might be implicated.

(1) Twice now on two different sessions, I CANNOT solo safe any tracks. If I try and do it from D-Control (command and a solo button) the track simply goes into normal solo. If I try and do it from the QWERTY keyboard ... wow! ... a little mini fader jumps up over the solo button. It looks like a send fader. If I slide the trackball up or down while holding command ... get this ... the AFL/PFL pot on the D-Control increments/decrements along with it.

So, commmand clicking solo creates a mini fader and that fader adjusts the AFLPFL level on the console. Yup, OK!! <g> This is with any solo button across the whole session.
I sent that session home to my M-Powered system and it was fine there.

(2) Today for a short time only, there was a track that would also solo with any other track that got solo'd. NO, this track wasn't in any sort of group. Even with groups suspended, no matter what I solo'd on the session, this one other track would also go into solo. I kept working and eventually it stopped happening. No idea what caused it.

Anyone else seen anything like this?
Gremlins or what!! <g>
Old 02-12-2007, 05:22 PM

Default Re: Bizarre behavior on D-Control

Hi Mikey,

You must be in AFL solo mode on the d control. Switch back to SIP and you will be able to solo safe.

Also, check to see that you are not in solo latch mode for the other issue you're seeing.

Hope this helps,

Jamie
Old 02-12-2007, 10:09 PM

Default Re: Bizarre behavior on D-Control

Hi Jamie,

Great call on the AFL/PFL - that's absolutely the problem. So I guess the little fader pops up to act like a stop sign to warn you. I should have worked that out!

As to the track the kept solo'ing, I haven't seen that since so I'll chalk it up to "weird" and see if it ever happens again.