Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2013, 07:59 AM

Default Artist Support????? Does it exist?

What has happened to Artist series support?

Im based in the UK with a Support Code. Called the UK office , was told to call a number in the USA - after complaining I was put through directly, but the automated service was for Media composer not Artist Series products...

Avid.....I have lost count of the tens of thousands of pounds I have contributed to your business over the years.

Could you possibly make it harder for your loyal customers to get help with your dysfunctional products?....
Old 08-09-2013, 08:02 AM
Avid

Default Re: Artist Support????? Does it exist?

Sorry for the misunderstanding.
When you have an Avid Support Code (ASC), it is always best to dial the number supplied in the confirmation email you received with the ASC, as reception staff cannot always transfer incoming calls to phone Support queues (and mistakes can happen.)

Hope this helps,
Old 08-09-2013, 09:32 AM

get real...

You are an international company. The number on the support code email is the same one I was given initially yesterday. A USA number. Do you really expect UK customers to be calling the USA for warranty support????

Would you do that?
Old 08-09-2013, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PT user View Post
get real...

You are an international company. The number on the support code email is the same one I was given initially yesterday. A USA number. Do you really expect UK customers to be calling the USA for warranty support????

Would you do that?
PT user. I believe that the US number actually IS the number you need to call. I have a Mix that died twice in 4 months. Both times I had to send it back to Mountainside California. The tech on the phone told me that is the only shop that works on them. I've written to AVID and told them it's pretty shabby as I was without one of the main tools of my rig for two weeks both times.
Mac Pro 6.1, E5-2690 V2 10 core 3.0G, 32gig 1866 memory, 512G PCIe system drive, 4 480G OWC 3G SSD data drives in Thunderbolt 2 enclosure, macOS 10.15.7, Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.9.1, Twin Raven MTi's, Apollo 8 TB, 2 UAD2 Satellite Octo Thunderbolt, RME ADI-4 DD, Neve 5012, 5043, Bricasti M7, 2 PCM 92's, M350, DynAudio BM6 MK 3, BM14S, a bunch of cool mics...1 damned iLok2.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:10 PM

Hi
I dont need a repair - theres a european support team....I find it hard to believe all support must go through the US. If thats true what is european support for?
Old 08-12-2013, 01:44 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hi
I dont need a repair - theres a european support team....I find it hard to believe all support must go through the US. If thats true what is european support for?
Good morning,
I think I remember that Euphonix phone support for Europe used to be on a US number, indeed, before the Avid acquisition.
This may not have changed - I will find out more.

Thank you for your patience,
Old 08-12-2013, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Hi
Not sure if this is different in the UK but I did all my support-inquiries with my dealer. Which I think is what what they are also for. All by dead artist controllers were handled via my dealer.
Took about 6 weeks to get a dead mix repaired on warranty.

Usually if something breaks within warranty we return it to the dealer it came from. But maybe this is different in the UK so this might not be an option for you. Not sure.

Frank.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Avid

Quote:

The number on the support code email is the same one I was given initially yesterday.
Hi PT user,
Could you please fill in the form at http://avid.force.com/Support/RegistrationCaseCreation for me and attach the support code email you received?
It will help me verify that you were actually sent the correct information and ensure that you obtain the assistance you require.

Many thanks for your cooperation,