Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 07-21-2006, 07:31 AM

Default Communication Breakdown

Hello All,

I have been running my 002R for the last couple years with no operational issues. Initially there was the power harness problem, but since then it has only been operator error.

Now, when running a session, the computer loses touch with the 002. Usually it happens after a couple minutes and the 002 sort of shuts down, losing sync and muting itself with a couple of audible clicks. The alert on the screen says that communication has been lost, but gives no error code. It just says to re-attach the unit and click OK. The other buttons are Save and Quit.

Restarting the unit and software allow me to get back to work, but only for another minute or two.

Any thoughts on this are appreciated.

I am running a PBookG4, 10.3.9 and PT 6.2.3.

I know it's not the newest, but since it worked, there was no need to upgrade.

Thanks
Old 07-21-2006, 10:28 AM

Default Re: Communication Breakdown

I've been having the same sort of issues...but I chalked things up to the power harness. The weather has been really hot and humid here, and that was one of the apparent causes of the 'power harness' issue. About the same time. I've also been maxing my system out with a lot of plug-ins...I have yet to try recording with absolutely no plugins and see if I get the same comm errors.

Anyways, best of luck. Just thought I'd share my experience.

Cheers,
Jeff
Old 07-21-2006, 04:50 PM

Default Re: Communication Breakdown

I am having a similar problem..except...I was using the system and suddenly lost communication. When nothing else worked, I tried to turn the 002 board off and then on. The result is I only get hints of light from the LED's and the mute light stays on. I can't even operate in the standalone mode. BTW, I've already replaced the harness...Digi was kind to do that even out of warranty...although I think there are some flaws...I've always had the LEDs going in and out periodically...just thought they might be burning out...