Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 12-09-2020, 06:36 AM

Default Waves Tune - Moving Clips after AutoTuneq

Hello, I have a massive vocal project with 60 background singers on different audio tracks. Almost all of them are getting autotuned with Waves Tune.

To do the individual work, I cascaded each audio clip across my session so they don't sit at the same time at the moment. For example, if each clip if 5 seconds long .. I have the first one starting at 0:00, then then next one is on a new track and starts at 0:05, the next one is on a new track starting at 0:10 and so on.

Now that everything is set the way I want it, I am trying to assemble pieces back on top of each other. but when I move the clips .. pretend all back to 0:00 ... the Waves pitch shifting doesn't move with it. It is stuck at 0:05 and 0:10 using my example.

How can I move both the clip and the Tune information together??

Thanks,
Tim
Old 12-09-2020, 12:48 PM

Default Re: Waves Tune - Moving Clips after AutoTuneq

Why not leave the clips on their own tracks where they need to be in the arrangement, and just highlight each section you want to tune. Use the audio suite version of Tune and it'll import only what you have highlighted. Once you commit the audiosuite'd tuning to the highlighted section, it'll create a tuned copy of the region right there, in place.

Seems much easier to me.
RTX 2080ti
64GB DDR5 5200mhz RAM
2 Samsung 980 Pro 1TB SSDs
Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD
LG 34" Ultra-Widescreen monitor
Pro Tools 12.4
A loaf of bread
A stick of butter
A lot of rye whiskey
Old 12-09-2020, 02:02 PM

Also note you can save the AS tuning as preset for recall i.e. v1at

If in track doesn’t Waves Tune require Waves Rewire on a dummy track or is that Old-tech-Waves?
Old 12-11-2020, 05:14 AM

This is what you need ARA support for. It allows plugins to communicate with the DAW and keeps it up to date with any changes, including moving your edits.

Unfortunately WavesTune doesn’t support it yet, I can’t remember if ProTools does either. I think your best way forward would be to save a copy and render Tune before moving the clips or you could use the delay plugin to “undo” any timing changes.

Neither way is ideal, though.
Old 12-11-2020, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmy4402 View Post
Hello, I have a massive vocal project with 60 background singers on different audio tracks. Almost all of them are getting autotuned with Waves Tune.

To do the individual work, I cascaded each audio clip across my session so they don't sit at the same time at the moment. For example, if each clip if 5 seconds long .. I have the first one starting at 0:00, then then next one is on a new track and starts at 0:05, the next one is on a new track starting at 0:10 and so on.

Now that everything is set the way I want it, I am trying to assemble pieces back on top of each other. but when I move the clips .. pretend all back to 0:00 ... the Waves pitch shifting doesn't move with it. It is stuck at 0:05 and 0:10 using my example.

How can I move both the clip and the Tune information together??

Thanks,
Tim
I had this happen to me before and if I remember correctly Waves tunes needs Pro Tools transport set to 1/4 notes to work properly
Old 12-11-2020, 03:05 PM

No ARA in PT yet, but I think its in the works. I would also suggest AudioSuite and render in place*. As an alternative, if everything sounds good using the inserted WavesTune, Commit up to This Plugin and de-select the option to consolidate(which should give you a new track with all the tuned/rendered audio clips in place).

*I think you may have done yourself a disservice by splitting all the clips out like you did(I think it would have been more efficient to treat the clips in their original locations)

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave