Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2014, 02:50 PM

Default Is it safe to disconnect HD Native Thunderbolt without shutting down a Profile?

I'm about to start using HD Native Thunderbolt with a laptop and a Profile. Is there any risk to a console (Profile or otherwise) if you shut down the laptop and disconnect the laptop from the HD Native Thunderbolt interface or disconnect the interface from the Profile (again, after shutting down the laptop) but without shutting down the Profile console?

I'm thinking about situations where there would be other engineers using the same console or just if I want to walk away with my laptop for whatever reason.

Does the console need to be shut down too in order to avoid glitches of any sort?