Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-11-2010, 08:18 AM

Default Pro Tools 9500 error, no audio with amplitude metal..etc

So I was hoping I could take care of this on my own, but I just can't seem to troubleshoot this. First of all here are my system specs:

AMD dual core 2.6Ghz
4GB Ram
Windows XP SP3
(1) 120GB internal HD
(1) 500GB external USB HD
ProFire610 Interface
Texas Instruments Digidesign/Pro Tools supported Firewire card

Anyways....I had PT 8 up and running for months...no problems...almost got my album finished....then saw the critical update available....and despite my better judgement and after weeks of ignoring it I thought...maybe it will optimize pt a little better. So I downloaded it......well the update completely deleted my PT application and caused a number of screw ups. In the end I ended up reformatting. So I got everything back up and running and I eventually recorded a few guitar tracks etc etc....but then I selected another guitar track to record and for some reason no audio was playing. I could see the signal, it was definitely there and visible..and the meters were actively showing a signal, but no audio could be heard...and it just happened out of nowhere. I play my guitars through amplitude metal and then voxengo boogex for cab impulse emulation. The strange thing is my drum wav's and other audio tracks were fine and could be heard. Just not the amplitude metal tracks. And even stranger, one other session I have plays it fine, but only one other session. Granted its on a different setting but after trying tons of different settings to no avail I knew somethign was wrong.

Aside from this...I started getting the infamous 9500 disk cache too small error. I tried the standard troubleshoots of adjusting the options in the playback engine tab but that didn't work. I've encountered many problems when I first installed pro tools way back when....but in the end I was able to get everything going. But now it seems nothing is working...and the amplitude silence is beyond me.

Does anyone have any suggestions to this?? And if more information on any aspect would help please let me know.

Thanks ahead of time!!
Old 03-12-2010, 06:00 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9500 error, no audio with amplitude metal..etc

Well i think I may have solved the 9500 error (knock on wood). I can't say for sure til I get home from work and have more time to verify. But I believe the problem was my plugin folder had some duplicated plugins. in fact a lot of duplicate plugins. Probably due to some of the reinstalls I may have done....which would explain why it worked initially and then decided to go crazy. But anyways, I cleared out my plugin folder except for what I needed and it was working well even on my sessions with lots of tracks/plugins/etc.

However,.....amplitude metal is still causing problems by not passing any signals through. I can record a signal...i can see it in my pro tools edit window, and if i open amplitude up I can see the signal on the master meter and input meter, but theres no sound, and the buss that has the plugin does not show any signal on the volume meter. So for some reason the signal is not passing all the way through the plugin. To make things even more confusing....my most recent session that only has a few tracks on it plays it fine?!?!!? So this is beyond me. I should add, amplitude also works just fine in standalone mode!?!?

I tried importing one of my older sessions to a blank session...but received the 9500 error (before I cleared plugins)....so I'll have to try that again and see if maybe something is corrupt on my older sessions????

Any other suggestions out there?