Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 08-13-2009, 09:48 AM

Default Re: "magic ID does not match" - What's up with that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicune View Post
Yes I've seen it and it caused me some major headaches for a week or so. I even had one session that started doing it in the middle of working on it.

I think the culprit in my case though was Logic Pro, as the files in question were being used by sessions in both programs - though I didn't have them open at the same time or anything. As far as I can gather Logic had done something to the file headers which PT did not like. Bizarrely I was able to make the warnings go away simply by moving all the audio inside the PT session's Audio Files folder (some of it was still in the Logic session's folder). I still see it from time to time but only on these cross-program sessions.

If that doesn't apply to you I might also suggest trashing your wavecache and fade files for any session it happens on and letting PT regenerate them. A duc search didn't shed much light on what a Magic ID actually is but I have a suspicion it's something to do with waveform overviews, which is why we never saw it before 8. Perhaps if you keep bumping digi might shed some light on the subject.
Not true. I'm running 7.4. Saw this error last night for the first time ever (in 13 years of PT use).

"Could not process request because magic ID does not match"

After 4 hours of getting a guitar sound and cutting about 1/3 of the song, the session became corrupted. I was simply comping an 8 measure solo from a few playlists. As I was copy/pasting from playlists this error started to appear. I quickly hit apple-S to save. The error message appeared a few more times in quick succession and then I got the dreaded pinwheel. PT froze up. I have not been able to open this session. I AM able to open earlier sessions, but i can't even use the Import Session Data to retrieve my guitar files.

"Magic ID"? are you kidding?! Someone at Digi has a poor sense of humor.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:32 PM

I've started seeing this "Magic ID" error problem since I've installed Sibelius 6 on my Mac. I've been a Pro Tools and Sibelius user for some time, but only now are they both Avid products.
I just finished editing three interviews for a radio program (only 2 tracks in each session, each interview a separate session, only the com/Lim as a plug in, using PT LE ver. 8 cs2), I opened Sibelius to do some work on a music project. After I quit Sibelius, I went back to one of the interviews to check on the final time.. and pow! "Could not complete your request because magic ID does not match while translating Session Window Config." WTF?!?!! WTF?!?!!
I have also discovered that these sessions are totally corrupted, and I have to rescue my work from a backup (using Retrospect).
Just tonight have I figured out the connection between Sibelius and the "Magic ID" problem, though I still don't know WTF!
Old 08-17-2009, 09:55 PM

I used to have this Magic ID error in PT 5.1.3 ( Mix Cubed rig) and it never totally corrupted a session.

Yes, at the end of every session I also do a Save session copy in.... another drive.

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:48 AM

I'm getting this error when I try to load the most recent session file backup after a P Tools crash caused by a new plugin that I have recently installed. The Plugin is PSP's oldTimer. I can load the session file backup that proceeds the last one no problem. This error also goes away if I don't use the plugin.

Sounds like there's some third party integrating with P Tools issues going on here.
Old 08-20-2009, 07:46 PM

In my fifth day working with 8.0cs3, Old Timer is still doing fine.

BTW.. a new version of Neon/Neon HR was released yesterday, wednesday.

http://www.facebook.com/alecio.costa

PT Ultimate Native 2023.3 - Mac Mini M1 16GB RAM - Mac Os Ventura 13.2 - 2 192 IO Digidesign Digital

PT HD2 Accel - 10.3.10 OS 10.6.8 - Mac Pro 2008 16GB RAM

Mastering Gear: Pendulum Audio, Crane Song, Avalon, Great River, Sebatron, Sonnox, Izotope, PSP, TC, Fab Filter.
Old 08-20-2009, 08:13 PM

Which version are you running? Mateusz just sent me 1.1.2c and it seems to be behaving on my system now.
Old 09-15-2009, 11:25 PM

Im having this *retarded* problem as well, if someone figures it out, please email me... I just lost 3 hours of my time. [email protected]
Old 10-30-2009, 06:18 PM

Just giving this a bump since today *Pro Tools Unexpectedly Quit* and then my G5 crashed...when I rebooted, got this same Magic ID error...

digi...is there a fix yet?

PT8.0.0cs2 session in question has about 70 tracks or so (I mention since someone posted about it only occurring in 100+ track sessions) no plug ins, no Logic, no recent installs of anything at all and in the middle of a massive project where downtime is not an option......

I do back up often, both manually (save as several times an hour) and with autobackup...so I really only lost a few minutes of editing, but now Im paranoid, I really cant afford to lose a session right now.
Old 11-15-2009, 07:13 PM

Well well well.. this is a beautiful little error.

"Could not open your session because the Magic ID does not match."

+1 to this problem.

The last time I worked on this session I properly closed the session down, closed down PT8 M-Powered.

I haven't touched the computer PT is running on in over a month. So what the hell happened? (Nothing crashed, btw)

There is no crazy track count in the session, either. I believe about 24 tracks.

For real? What the hell is a Magic ID? What is the fix for this? I can't even get back into what was a "good" session! It's very disheartening and I can see that I'm not the only one...

Help, Digidesign. Not cool.
Old 11-15-2009, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingzero View Post
Well well well.. this is a beautiful little error.

"Could not open your session because the Magic ID does not match."

+1 to this problem.

The last time I worked on this session I properly closed the session down, closed down PT8 M-Powered.

I haven't touched the computer PT is running on in over a month. So what the hell happened? (Nothing crashed, btw)

There is no crazy track count in the session, either. I believe about 24 tracks.

For real? What the hell is a Magic ID? What is the fix for this? I can't even get back into what was a "good" session! It's very disheartening and I can see that I'm not the only one...

Help, Digidesign. Not cool.
You are playing in the wrong neighborhood... "not cool". Read the thread, Magic id is explained. Also read those stickies at the top, and you are much more likely to get helped. Good Luck!! FF