Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 01-10-2022, 07:13 PM

Default Drumagog issue

I’m sure there has to be an answer for this like trashing prefs or some other files but for some reason, Drumagog is crashing my ProTools sessions. Never had an issue before and didn’t update a thing (same ProTools 21.70.0.127 and same os Big Sur 11.2.3) but all of a sudden anytime I try to open drumagog in any session, I get the spinning wheel of death. It opens just fine in logic oddly enough.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-13-2022, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Drumagog issue

An update on this issue. I spent oner 2 1/2 hours with tech support at Avid. They remotely controlled my iMac. We tried re-installing Drumagog, repairing disk permissions, removing any other hard drive, deleting any files that are Drumagog related, trashing PT prefs, even creating a new user account and it still crashes. The funny thing is a couple of times, the support at Avid got it to load but as soon as I closed that session and tried to open another and add Drumagog, it crashed again and the session that was created with Drumagog loading stopped and crashed as well. So now I'm in this Drumagog says it's Avid's fault and Avid says it's Drumagog's fault. Looks like it's time to get MDrumReplacer (which looks like the best on the market at this time) and lose Drumagog.
Old 01-13-2022, 01:07 PM

I used to use Drumagog way back in the PT11 era but at some point, it just totally crapped out for me. I got Slate Trigger, which works very well, but Superior Drummer 3 has become my choice for serious drum replacement. Watch some youtube videos on all your options

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 01-13-2022, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
I used to use Drumagog way back in the PT11 era but at some point, it just totally crapped out for me. I got Slate Trigger, which works very well, but Superior Drummer 3 has become my choice for serious drum replacement. Watch some youtube videos on all your options
What I liked most about Drumagog was it's library of sounds. It had a lot of vintage 50's kicks and snares which I love using. I've never thought about replacing live drums with plugin sounds like EZDrummer, etc. They always sound a bit fake (and too perfect) to me. That's why I'm considering MDrumReplacer. It has a lot of sample options.
Old 01-14-2022, 05:39 AM

For what it's worth, a while back I went round and round with Drumagog support over reliability issues and came to the conclusion that it's basically abandonware that is minimally supported. I don't need drum replacement software often but when I need it, I need it, and knowing that I couldn't count on Drumagog made it unusable for me. Aptrigga is my go-to now.
Windows 10 Pro
HD Native PCIe
Lynx Aurora with LT-HD
Apogee
Mytek
Old 01-14-2022, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleepingtiger View Post
For what it's worth, a while back I went round and round with Drumagog support over reliability issues and came to the conclusion that it's basically abandonware that is minimally supported. I don't need drum replacement software often but when I need it, I need it, and knowing that I couldn't count on Drumagog made it unusable for me. Aptrigga is my go-to now.
Yeah, I’ve pretty much came to that conclusion too after this issue. Time to move on!
Old 01-15-2022, 01:30 AM

We spoke to the drumagog guys and gals and they were Awwesome! about this and as we only had Version 1.0 we were 15 years too late to upgrade hehe so we got the LICENSE for 5.5 Platinum fully loaded with all their sounds which is worth a LOT 100% FREE just because we were polite and said we just couldn’t get it to run on PT / MAC and they are working on that but said to try a wrapper and as soon as we loaded up Bluecat wrapper it worked great so if you have a wrapper that you use for other Plugs and VI that gives you issues on AAX for ex try a BC Wrapper pr something similar and you are up and running again in a second or two

Drumagog v5.3.0 is now available. It uses a new and easier authorization method and no longer requires an iLok account. Please see the instructions on authorizing Drumagog 5 v5.3.0.

YAYYYyYy! Just a FYI! I was BLOWN away by this gesture and the super customer service just giving away software for thousands with all their bundles and 5.5 platinum just because we only had version 1 from like 2004-2005 and could nor did we expect to be able to upgrade hehe but just talked like a human being and they did everything for us and we will use their sound samples a lot as they really sounds great nowadays and a great GUI!

*nope don’t work for them but felt I had to share this and how to get the Drumagog to run in in PT with a wrapper.

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-15-2022, 09:06 AM

I hate all these alternative Auth methods. Just use ilok and call it a day. Freaking annoying. I'm going to get rid of all these non ilok plug-ins soon when I have the time.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
We spoke to the drumagog guys and gals and they were Awwesome! about this and as we only had Version 1.0 we were 15 years too late to upgrade hehe so we got the LICENSE for 5.5 Platinum fully loaded with all their sounds which is worth a LOT 100% FREE just because we were polite and said we just couldn’t get it to run on PT / MAC and they are working on that but said to try a wrapper and as soon as we loaded up Bluecat wrapper it worked great so if you have a wrapper that you use for other Plugs and VI that gives you issues on AAX for ex try a BC Wrapper pr something similar and you are up and running again in a second or two

Drumagog v5.3.0 is now available. It uses a new and easier authorization method and no longer requires an iLok account. Please see the instructions on authorizing Drumagog 5 v5.3.0.

YAYYYyYy! Just a FYI! I was BLOWN away by this gesture and the super customer service just giving away software for thousands with all their bundles and 5.5 platinum just because we only had version 1 from like 2004-2005 and could nor did we expect to be able to upgrade hehe but just talked like a human being and they did everything for us and we will use their sound samples a lot as they really sounds great nowadays and a great GUI!

*nope don’t work for them but felt I had to share this and how to get the Drumagog to run in in PT with a wrapper.
Something doesn't sound right. While support at Drumagog IS really responsive and good, the fact still remains that there's nothing new here. The plugin is still the same one (5.4 last updated Nov 19, 2020) that doesn't work on my system, even with Avid spending a LOT of time trying to figure it out without any luck. When Avid's last suggestion is to "try performing an OS recovery", it's time to find another brand's plugin. I'm not sure why I would have to use Bluecat wrapper just to get a program working as advertised. I'll go with MDrummer. It has a more options, a much bigger sound library and it actually works.

Also, you say that you got a "LICENSE for 5.5 Platinum". I'm looking at their website right now and the only thing I see is 5.4 from Nov 2020.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen Shot 2022-01-15 at 9.24.59 AM.jpg (26.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-15-2022, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post

Paragraphs one and three nominated for longest run-on sentences of the young year!