Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 10:42 AM

Default Can\'t Access Manuals fm \"HELP\" Menu

Hi,

Brand new user here.

I'm certain there is a simple solution to this but for the life of me I haven't been able to figure it out. Config:

MBOX 2
PT LE 7.3
WinXP SP2

I have all may software installed. Everything I've tried seems to be working but I cannot access the user manuals from the "HELP" menu (selections are gray). My docs are installed on my hard drive in the place the manuals say there are supposed to be. Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Can\'t Access Manuals fm \"HELP\" Menu

Quote:
Hi,

Brand new user here.

I'm certain there is a simple solution to this but for the life of me I haven't been able to figure it out. Config:

MBOX 2
PT LE 7.3
WinXP SP2

I have all may software installed. Everything I've tried seems to be working but I cannot access the user manuals from the "HELP" menu (selections are gray). My docs are installed on my hard drive in the place the manuals say there are supposed to be. Any idea what's wrong?

Thanks.
This is a widely know bug in the program. You should be able to access the manuals via the basic Windows - Start - All Programs - ... selection starting from the bottom left of the screen. It's an annoying bug that seems to not be high on Digidesign's priority list since there is a "work around" for now. I think they are spending their development efforts trying to make a Vista compatible version of Protools.

Mac Studio M1Max - 64GB
MacOS 14.4.1 running Protools 2024.3.1
Old 09-10-2007, 11:05 AM

Default Re: Can\'t Access Manuals fm \"HELP\" Menu

Thanks! I understand their priorities. Knowing it's "them" and not "me" doesn't make it any easier but it sure makes me feel less stupid. Thanks for the workaround tip!