How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2012, 05:28 AM

Default Lost iLok and Avid Support Code

Hi guys!
This post is just to give some info about losing iLok and get a new PT license.
Since I've found so many misleading info on internet, I have decided to share my personal experience.
After a moving I couldn't find my iLok anymore, anywhere..(I've searched everywhere..) so after crying like a baby and blaming myself for the mistake I started my research of the procedure to get my licences back on a new iLok (vers. 2,and 50€?? I wasn't updated about this :P )
So I searched and I found out that I needed an Avid Support Code to open a ticket and get a new license (not true, I'll get to this later). I bought one for 36€ (fuuuuuu..) and finally had the magic number, called the Avid UK number (the only one here in Europe and with some problems in picking up the phone..) and talked with a guy, he was very competent, lucky me. He told me I had to buy just the tranfer fee, 18€, and not the ASC.
Now I have now this ASC and don't know what to do with it ( if anyone needs it just ask )

So I got the right procedure, which is:

1-get a new iLok
2-submit an RMA procedure on the iLok website (you can find it on support->lost/stolen iLok)
3-buy the "transfer support fee" on the Avid store
4-Call the avid customer service and give to them the RMA tracking number, the Fee number and your iLok account.

That should do it.

I'm still in the middle of the process and I'll let you know as soon as I'll see the end. (and still waiting for other companies procedures )

Hope this will be helpful.
Cheers!
Andrea