Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2023, 11:58 AM

Default Re: 2023 Apple Silicon and Pro Tools

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevron View Post
Did you find that you had to pay for many updates when getting native versions. I think I will need ot pay at least Waves as I am out WUP :)
Most were free, though there were a few products which I had older versions of, so it wouldn't be fair for me to say that I was paying for AAX Native when the product itself also received new functionality/etc. as part of the deal.

I'm finding that nearly all devs are good about issuing AAX Native updates if that's all that has changed about their software.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Breen View Post
Izotope / Exponential is the big problem here - "planned" is all they're saying...
Yes, and only a few plugs are making the upgrade. I've tried moving as many older sessions away from Phoenix/R4 etc. and into the newer plugins that are making the transition (allegedly) that are able to load those older settings.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric Lambert View Post
Yes, and only a few plugs are making the upgrade. I've tried moving as many older sessions away from Phoenix/R4 etc. and into the newer plugins that are making the transition (allegedly) that are able to load those older settings.
These vendors that are dragging their feet / turning their older plugs into abandonware, are really pushing me back to Waves.
Old 03-14-2023, 12:32 PM

More like back to basics. One day not so long ago I recreated a session with Avid-only plugins and the mix wasn't that much different than with multiple vendors. So if something needs to be abandoned, so be it, I am leaning more towards Avid, Sonnox, and the ones that are onboard with the Apple Silicon wagon.

Saddest thing if TC Electronic won't make it. I already knew it is not among the first ones, but losing those plugs would hurt.
Old 03-14-2023, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Saddest thing if TC Electronic won't make it. I already knew it is not among the first ones, but losing those plugs would hurt.
I haven't yet gotten over the first time they walked out on me with the early TDM plugins 20-ish years ago. The net was livid for years and the brand took a hit. They're still active with software development so I *hope* it's different this time.
Old 03-14-2023, 08:04 PM

Quote:
I haven't yet gotten over the first time they walked out on me with the early TDM plugins 20-ish years ago. The net was livid for years and the brand took a hit. They're still active with software development so I *hope* it's different this time.
Yeah, I was sad when I left TDM and lost my VSS3, happy to find the native version a few years ago, and now waiting for the AS version.

Mac Studio Ultra : 128GB RAM : Ventura 13.6 : Carbon : PT Ultimate 2023.12 : S1 : Metagrid Pro
Old 03-15-2023, 05:44 AM

TC Electronic left their customers in the rain more than once.
I don’t buy plug-ins from companies who behave like that. It’s the only way to show them you’re dissatisfied with their behavior.
Best
Mark
Old 03-15-2023, 06:21 AM

True. But last thing I want is hauling S6000 with me everywhere. They better get their act together. Preferably sooner than Lexicon...
Old 03-15-2023, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Most were free, though there were a few products which I had older versions of, so it wouldn't be fair for me to say that I was paying for AAX Native when the product itself also received new functionality/etc. as part of the deal.

I'm finding that nearly all devs are good about issuing AAX Native updates if that's all that has changed about their software.
Thanks again Eric, for sure there are a lot more native plugins since I checked a few months ago.

Sadly there are a few show-stoppers for me. Altiverb, Plugin Alliance, Newfangled, and I am sure there would be more if I kept going.
Old 03-15-2023, 12:06 PM

Quote:
The big hold-out is Native Instruments, which I still use quite a lot.
Hello,
just curious about what is missing from your NI's favorites ?
Cheers
Raf