Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-11-2023, 01:28 AM
Avid

Default Re: Melodyne ARA data SHIFTED by itself

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawb View Post
just happened again on a project that has no tempo changes.
worked on the song lots of melodyne edits, bounced a good sounding mix last night.
opened the same session this AM and its F'd.
everything Melodyne is wack and outta place.
went back to an older PT session and was able to recover some of it.

please fix this avid.

PT HDX 2022.12
Mac Studio Monterey 12.5.1
Hi, strawb!
Have you got this "Melodyne data can't be found" in session notes when opening the recent session with shifted audio?
Could you compare the sessions before and after the issue started and see what changed? What were your (user) last actions that potentially could cause the audio to be shifted? (e.g. transforming the tick tracks to sample, import session data or Track Preset a few times with the same ARA clip, clip groups with ARA clips inside, etc.)

Please let me know if you can share with me session files "before and after" to investigate.
Old 01-12-2023, 08:58 AM

to be fair it scared me so much, other than taking a screen shot of the "Melodyne data can't be found" load up screen, as soon as i heard the vocals out of time i quit & went back to a previous older session backup. since i had clients in the room, there was no troubleshooting time (nor time to start a support ticket). this is the 2nd time it's happened in front of clients and truly a showstopper. there was literally NOTHING changed since closing the session the previous night. no ticks/samples/tempo changes, nothing. literally closed the session at 8pm. opened it again at 10am and it was F'd. then having to re-do all my melodyne work, not being able to move on to other projects was a nightmare scenario.
Old 01-13-2023, 02:37 AM
Avid

Quote:
to be fair it scared me so much, other than taking a screen shot of the "Melodyne data can't be found" load up screen, as soon as i heard the vocals out of time i quit & went back to a previous older session backup. since i had clients in the room, there was no troubleshooting time (nor time to start a support ticket). this is the 2nd time it's happened in front of clients and truly a showstopper. there was literally NOTHING changed since closing the session the previous night. no ticks/samples/tempo changes, nothing. literally closed the session at 8pm. opened it again at 10am and it was F'd. then having to re-do all my melodyne work, not being able to move on to other projects was a nightmare scenario.
Do the vocals were only shifted in time but still with Melodyne edits you made previously or totally reset to the original?
Old 03-17-2023, 01:36 PM

just happened again. lost a ton of work (but was able to get it back with some futzing).

edited a bunch of melodyne ARA vocal tracks last night.
bounced the mix. sounded fine.
next morning opened the exact same session and half of the previously edited tracks were playing back at odd times. half were fine though. i quickly committed those working tracks & then
i dug into session backups folder to an hour before i made the bounce last night and was able to get those vocal tracks back - but why why why????????
what a waste of time!
Old 03-17-2023, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vadym View Post
Do the vocals were only shifted in time but still with Melodyne edits you made previously or totally reset to the original?

they DO NOT reset to original.. its as if the MD data shifted and the audio was playing back later (a few seconds) than it should.
it was a tripled lead vocal and they should be synced up but no, they were all 3 all over the place.. insanity
Old 03-18-2023, 03:59 AM

Quote:
they DO NOT reset to original.. its as if the MD data shifted and the audio was playing back later (a few seconds) than it should.
it was a tripled lead vocal and they should be synced up but no, they were all 3 all over the place.. insanity
Do you have any tempo changes in your track or is it a fixed tempo? Just asking out of curiosity.
Old 03-20-2023, 03:15 AM
Avid

Quote:
Any transitions of Melodyne tracks from sample to tick and vice-versa?

Try to apply "Copy Song data To Note Assignment" from Melodyne Edit menu over the messed clip and see whether it helps.
Old 03-20-2023, 08:30 AM

I keep having this problem too, and it could be coincidence (or not) that this lat time it happened, it occured after I was had to force quit PT after closing a session led to the "closing audio catalog" hang up/beach ball.

When I disable melodyne, I can watch the wave form in protools snap back to where it should be. Re-enabling melodyne causes the bad time warp to happen again. I have to create a new track, and drag the raw non-melodyne audio to it, and enable melodyne on that new track to "start over."

I hope we can get this one solved!
Old 03-25-2024, 08:44 AM

My turn!

Yesterday:
Big mix session.
Multiple vocal tracks has Melodyne ARA activated.
No timing edits with melodyne, only tune corrections.
No tempo changes in session.
No problems.

Today:
Can't open session, Pro Tools keep crashing when loading screen gets to "Restoring ARA Data..."
No error message or crash report appears.
Opening session in safe mode does not help.

Created a new session and imported all tracks and data from the failing session.
All tracks gets imported but when the audio content on the timeline starts to appear, Pro Tools crashes same way as before.
After a couple of tries, (open session -> spamming save-> crash, and so on ) Pro Tools finally had everything imported and the session was not crashing.
This is when i notice loads of melodyned vocals have their timing off.
It seems to be at random, sometimes it's a couple of words all shifted randomly left or right, and sometimes a whole take is shifted.
Old 03-26-2024, 03:04 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Svidden View Post
My turn!

Yesterday:
Big mix session.
Multiple vocal tracks has Melodyne ARA activated.
No timing edits with melodyne, only tune corrections.
No tempo changes in session.
No problems.

Today:
Can't open session, Pro Tools keep crashing when loading screen gets to "Restoring ARA Data..."
No error message or crash report appears.
Opening session in safe mode does not help.

Created a new session and imported all tracks and data from the failing session.
All tracks gets imported but when the audio content on the timeline starts to appear, Pro Tools crashes same way as before.
After a couple of tries, (open session -> spamming save-> crash, and so on ) Pro Tools finally had everything imported and the session was not crashing.
This is when i notice loads of melodyned vocals have their timing off.
It seems to be at random, sometimes it's a couple of words all shifted randomly left or right, and sometimes a whole take is shifted.
Hi Svidden!
What PT version? Have you sent the crash report to Avid and what was in the comment (I can search via comment)? Or give me your Machine ID (you can find it on the "About Pro Tools" screen).

Have you filtered out in any way the clips in the Clips List before the first broken session opening?
Could you collect Pro Tools logs files for me when Pro Tools crashed on such session opening?