Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2004, 12:53 PM

Default Do you use PT for sample editing ot other Program?

Just curious what people are using for thier Sample/Wave editing. Whether you are using PT or something more like Bias Peak?
Old 01-24-2004, 02:08 PM

Default Re: Do you use PT for sample editing ot other Program?

I just use PT, seems to do pretty much anything I would expect from a standalone editor. For times when I'm on the road using Live or Reason, I use Bias Peak (the lite version which came with my Toast & Jam bundle).
Old 01-24-2004, 02:34 PM

Default Re: Do you use PT for sample editing ot other Program?

Well I use to, it works great, but lately I've changed my course a bit.

The problem is I got tires of plugging my turntables into my 001 and setting both the levels of the imput. Plus the whole bouncing to disk thing and maunually editing got tiring.

So now I have my turntables plugged into my built in audio, the only thing I use it for, and record my sample via Apples soundtrack.
I have a default folder set for my imported samples(raw), then I close my soundtrack session, without saving.

I edit my aiffs in Recycle 2.1 (beta) and export them as aiff or rex loops. I love working in recycle, it is just too easy. Now that it supports 24bit samples and works on OSX, it's a dream.

I don't know or care about garageband, well the guitar thing sounds interesting, but Soundtrack supports higher sample rates since it is made for working with video. I wouldn't reccomend buying it, but it came with Final Cut.

So that is it. then I build my song in Reason, and ReWire it to PT for mixing down. I'm happy with my method. It's more fun using different programs.

Now, back to sampling(been working on my library).

Tito