Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 07-07-2003, 10:50 AM

Default fade file default location

I am working on a large complex project with many sessions on several firewire drives. Suddenly every time I launch a session PT can not find the fades and after the "skip all fades" command has completed it has created a new fade files folder for each session I open. These are created on a different (internal IDE) drive that contains nothing from this project. This isn't in itself a problem except that I like to keep everything together and can't seem to find anything in the manual about how to set a default fade file location, or how to change it. It is probably something obvious but I am in a big rush. Thanks in advance for your speedy response,
Shaun

Pro Tools 24 Mix Plus, PT 5.1.1/MacOS 9.2/G4 800Mhz, 512mb RAM, various firewire, SCSI, and IDE drives
Old 07-07-2003, 11:27 AM
Avid

Default Re: fade file default location

Shuan,

Were the sessions originally created from a template session located on the internal drive? If the session template was saved to the internal drive then the default disk allocation may have been set to that drive.

When creating a new session from a template check the disk allocation before recording.

-go to Setups > Disk Allocation and make sure all tracks are going to the correct hard drive on your system.

Mike
Old 07-07-2003, 11:38 AM

Thanks. Neither set of sessions on 2 fw drives were created from a template but tracks from a session on the new "fade" drive were imported to my working fw drives. Probably the track allocation settings on those tracks (even though they contained no audio) say internal IDE, so PT put all new fades there. As to why this just started happening: I have not done any fades on any of the sessions in question until yesterday, which is when the problem cropped up.

Shaun
Old 07-08-2003, 12:33 AM

The fades for a track are created dependent on the disk allocation you've set for the track in question. By changing disk allocation, you change where the fades are created.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••