Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2009, 05:00 AM

Default Plugins problem

Hi everyone. Am currently using pro tools 7.4 but in a fairly basic state as I don't have the activation codes for the plugins. (Bought it 2nd hand and the guy apparantly can't find them!) I'd like to uprade to pro tools 8 if this will solve the problem, if not not is there a cost-effective way to get back what I'm missing? Am a bit stumped and obviously should have just bought ver 8 in the first place!

Any ideas appreciated, Carl
Old 10-15-2009, 06:21 AM

Default Re: Plugins problem

1. I hope you have a transfer of ownership
2. Which plugins are you talking about?
Old 10-15-2009, 09:59 AM

Yes, to which plug-ins are you referring? If they are the plug-ins that came free with your version of PT you will have less of an issue. If they are 3rd party plug-ins you may be in for disappointment. Pro Tools 8 will give you many great Plug-ins but I don't know what you are missing. If the guy had 3rd party or extra cost plug-ins they (the auths) will most likely be on his ilok.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-17-2009, 04:40 AM

Hi Tom yes I do mean the plug ins that came with PT, (eg Production toolkit) I have these installed but am told by my computer that I need to insert my authorization card, or words to that effect, in order to use them. A dialogue box then opens with a bunch of random words, to which I'm supposed to type a response of some kind. I hope this makes sense!

Thanks, Carl

PS. sorry if this all seems a bit vague but I'm new to the Pro tools way of doing things; my old cubase vst just had a serial dongle and that was it!
Old 10-17-2009, 08:33 AM

The plug-ins that you are describing (toolkit etc.) will require ilok authorization and an installed ilok device. Toolkits are not supplied with Pro Tools but are optional at extra cost. Be sure your purchase included the toolkit specifically, if it did, ask for the ilok authorizations that go with it. There will be a $25. charge for each asset transferred thru ilok.com.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 10-19-2009, 03:05 AM

As far as I can tell these plugins should be available to me but I just can't get hold of the auths!

Anyway thanks for you replies; if I solve it I'll let you know!

Carl