Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 05-04-2021, 11:34 PM

Default Re: How is the Samsung T5 SSD Drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman691 View Post
Ever heard of Google or DuckDuckGo? Try your favorite search engine to find the answer. Trim has existed as a part of OSX for years now.
With all do respect, I wouldn't be asking if I was confident in what to even search specifically to make sure I'm making everything work right for Pro Tools :) That's why I asked about it here :) But perhaps this truly doesn't even have a thing to do with Pro Tools and it's more simple than I think??

I've heard that's the case with OSX on this forum. Does that mean that it's automatically happening now? Do I have to enable something to make it start working for my external usb SSD drives? The internet says many different things about TRIM; it's good, it's bad, enable it, it can't be enabled, etc. etc. etc.

Please note I'm not being snappy either, truly :) , just cutting to the chase with those who have direct experience with this stuff because I don't at all, and everything I saw on the internet just leads me right back here, especially since it all has to specifically do with external usb SSD drives, Pro Tools, and Mac OSX.

And I really do appreciate your time, even if this is simple menial stuff. To me, it isn't because I've never learned it :)
Old 05-05-2021, 04:12 AM

Default Re: How is the Samsung T5 SSD Drive?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thenewexhibit View Post
With all do respect, I wouldn't be asking if I was confident in what to even search specifically to make sure I'm making everything work right for Pro Tools :) That's why I asked about it here :) But perhaps this truly doesn't even have a thing to do with Pro Tools and it's more simple than I think??

I've heard that's the case with OSX on this forum. Does that mean that it's automatically happening now? Do I have to enable something to make it start working for my external usb SSD drives? The internet says many different things about TRIM; it's good, it's bad, enable it, it can't be enabled, etc. etc. etc.

Please note I'm not being snappy either, truly :) , just cutting to the chase with those who have direct experience with this stuff because I don't at all, and everything I saw on the internet just leads me right back here, especially since it all has to specifically do with external usb SSD drives, Pro Tools, and Mac OSX.

And I really do appreciate your time, even if this is simple menial stuff. To me, it isn't because I've never learned it :)
I learned it by searching the internet and taking into account all the sources. That's the only way to learn. You won't hurt anything by enabling it. You're making more of this than needs be. Searching will teach you how to learn so that in the future you can get answers faster and better on myriad other issues/problems.

But in the spirit here's what I found using DuckDuckGo by searching on the term 'enabling trim in OSX'
https://duckduckgo.com/?t=ffsb&q=ena...=v256-1&ia=web

QAPLA!