Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 06-19-2013, 11:15 AM

Default Win 8 (surface pro) venue app issues

*** All Audio friends that use the AVID VENUE PROGRAM ON A TABLET ***

I had been aggravated for some time that the program would not open up on my SURFACE PRO running windows 8. Anyway, If you look in the 'DISPLAY' section from the windows control panel...you MUST have the option of 'Change the size of all items' as 'smaller 100% or medium 125% '....if you have it at 'larger 150%' the VENUE APP will not open up. Yes, You still need a resolution of 1024x768 as your native...Just a lil heads up...with Robert Scovill's advice and my persistence we figured this one out...

### UPDATE ###

I have had a couple lil blips when changing the size to medium, but I decided to just leave it at 100%.

Any other questions, feel free to email me or add to this thread

-Mega
Old 06-19-2013, 01:22 PM
Avid

Default Re: Win 8 (surface pro) venue app issues

Thanks for the update Jim. Cool that you got this to work!

Just as a heads up, Win 8 and Surface were not part of our test plans for VENUE 3.0, so they're considered unsupported platforms. But glad to know you've had some success.

Sheldon