Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2008, 09:15 AM

Default Plays imported wavs, records new wavs, BUT WON'T PLAY NEWLY RECORDED WAVs

I recorded a piece to test out my new Pro Tools setup. It recorded without a hitch. (though i haven't tried a recording more than like 20 seconds).

When i play it back, i get the error: "The operating system held off interrupts for too long. If this occurs frequently, try increasing the "H/W Buffer Size" in the Playback Engine panel. (-6088)"

BUT, playback of older, imported .wavs from other programs works fine...

I imported a .wav that i recorded in a different program into the same session, and it plays just fine, as long as the newly recorded piece is muted. If I move the new .wav to say, 0:30, unmute both tracks, and play from the beginning, the old .wav plays until it gets to the part at 0:30 (or wherever), where the newly recorded .wav is.

as far as the described error above, I have done SO MUCH troubleshooting related to that problem. my case seems to be unique in the fact that for old .wavs, playback is fine!

I've done a lot of system modifications as recommended for PC's, and disabled network cards, and everything i could find. Still the problem persists...

what is it with .wavs recorded in ProTools that ProTools/my computer will not play back? (and odd that ProTools will play back imported .wavs from other programs...)

I tried recording at both 48kHz/24-bit and 44kHz, 16-bit, same problem.

I have Windows XP Service Pack 2, 3 Gigs Ram, external hard drive, Digi 003
Old 09-02-2008, 09:34 AM

Default Re: Plays imported wavs, records new wavs, BUT WON'T PLAY NEWLY RECORDED WAVs

It would help to have details of your computer system and exactly what troubleshooting you've done.
Post a Sandra report per the General Troubleshooting thread.
You should also read through the "Help Us Help You" thread.

What PT version?
Your external harddrive... is that your audio drive and if so, is it a qualified Firewire drive?
If it is a Firewire audio drive, how do you have it and the 003 connected? Daisychained... what order?
Are you sure your Firewire card is approved?

Details.

Good luck-
Old 09-02-2008, 10:20 AM

Default Re: Plays imported wavs, records new wavs, BUT WON'T PLAY NEWLY RECORDED WAVs

Have you checked Disk Allocation to make sure you are writing new files to the correct drive?