Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2010, 10:28 AM

Default HD9 with Apogee Symphony

Anyone else having problems with the new HD9 and the Apogee Symphony IO? If i open an older session and change the buffer rate, i seem to lose all audio output. when i change it back, i still get no output. sometimes restarting the device works, sometimes just HD, sometimes everything.
Old 12-30-2010, 07:52 PM

Default Re: HD9 with Apogee Symphony

I have that set up, and am going back to older sessions and not having that problem. I'm usually using 256 as my buffer rate, and that hasnt' been an issue. However, I find that if an older session was using external word clock as the source, sometimes it will get that bug. Then if I just set it back to Internal from Sync Window and cycles through the clock, it will start playing. Does any of these sessions you are having problems with audio playback have an external clock setting?
Old 03-29-2011, 09:02 AM

Default Re: HD9 with Apogee Symphony

i think we got it all ironed out. something wasn't talking to something properly and after a bunch of updates and reseating connections it all seems to be fine now. just the dreaded i/o craziness!