Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 03-03-2023, 12:22 PM

Default Avid Control won't work after updates

Hi, folks-- I'm having trouble getting Avid Control to work after an update. Worked great before!

I'm running the most current version of Pro Tools (subscription) in 64-bit Windows 11 on an HP machine, 32 GB RAM, i7 Core processor. I have the latest version of EuControl installed in the PC and enabled in the PT Peripherals\Ethernet Controllers settings.

I want to run Avid Control on a Samsung tablet or Samsung phone. I have the latest version of Avid Control installed on the mobile devices. The PC and the mobile devices are on the same WiFi network.

It has all worked just fine in the past, but now when I launch the Avid Control app on either mobile device, there is no info from PT on my PC. In the upper-left corner of the Avid Control screen, there is a small red ! (exclamation point) in a triangle (i.e., a warning or error indicator) over a grayed-out EuCon icon next to an empty drop-down box; nothing happens if I click on the warning or the box.

I have rebooted my router, PC, and mobile devices.I jhave also uninstalled and re-installed all the various apps involved.

Any advice? Thanks so much for anything you have to offer!
Old 03-03-2023, 12:54 PM

Default Re: Avid Control won't work after updates

The little red triangle is just telling you that Control has no connection to a host. Have you checked the Eucontrol settings/surfaces and added the tablet to the right-side panel?

(Added: also, sometimes you have to re-enable Eucon in Protools peripherals.)
Old 03-06-2023, 02:01 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyWings View Post
Hi, folks-- I'm having trouble getting Avid Control to work after an update. Worked great before!

I'm running the most current version of Pro Tools (subscription) in 64-bit Windows 11 on an HP machine, 32 GB RAM, i7 Core processor. I have the latest version of EuControl installed in the PC and enabled in the PT Peripherals\Ethernet Controllers settings.

I want to run Avid Control on a Samsung tablet or Samsung phone. I have the latest version of Avid Control installed on the mobile devices. The PC and the mobile devices are on the same WiFi network.

It has all worked just fine in the past, but now when I launch the Avid Control app on either mobile device, there is no info from PT on my PC. In the upper-left corner of the Avid Control screen, there is a small red ! (exclamation point) in a triangle (i.e., a warning or error indicator) over a grayed-out EuCon icon next to an empty drop-down box; nothing happens if I click on the warning or the box.

I have rebooted my router, PC, and mobile devices.I jhave also uninstalled and re-installed all the various apps involved.

Any advice? Thanks so much for anything you have to offer!
Have you added the Control App to My Surfaces in EuControl ?
Old 03-06-2023, 02:11 PM

thanks much for your help
Old 03-27-2023, 11:38 AM

Ben and Eddie, thanks again for replying. I still can't get it to happen. No surfaces show up as available or linked in EuControl. They are on the same wifi, etc. Eucon is enabled in preferences. Worked fine before a eucon upgrade. Thoughts on how to get EuControl to recognize my surface? Thanks for any ideas you may have!
Old 03-27-2023, 11:49 AM
Avid

Quote:
Ben and Eddie, thanks again for replying. I still can't get it to happen. No surfaces show up as available or linked in EuControl. They are on the same wifi, etc. Eucon is enabled in preferences. Worked fine before a eucon upgrade. Thoughts on how to get EuControl to recognize my surface? Thanks for any ideas you may have!
Have you completely power cycled the tablet? In the tablet wifi network settings what IP address is shown? On windows go to the Network settings too and tell me the IP address there.

In a command prompt type this and enter, or copy and paste it so you keep the underscores etc.
dns-sd -B _euconproxy._tcp
Let me know what it says.
Old 03-28-2023, 11:47 AM

Thanks man!

Tablet IP address:
fe80::383c:cbff:fece:10ee

Windows IP address:

From command prompt:
nothing -- waited 10 minutes while it read "Browsing for _euconproxy._tcp" but
nothing ever happened. Should the spaces be there in dns-sd -B
_euconproxy._tcp ?
Old 03-28-2023, 11:57 AM
Avid

Quote:
Thanks man!

Tablet IP address:
fe80::383c:cbff:fece:10ee

Windows IP address:

From command prompt:
nothing -- waited 10 minutes while it read "Browsing for _euconproxy._tcp" but
nothing ever happened. Should the spaces be there in dns-sd -B
_euconproxy._tcp ?
I don't think you have bonjour installed or it is corrupted. The EUCON installer does install it if it's not there. Can you check Control Panel and programs and see if its listed? if it is uninstall it and uninstall EUCON (via its installer). Reboot and reinstall EUCON
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-03-28 115520.jpg (63.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 03-30-2023, 01:20 PM

Eddie, sorry to come back at you again. But still no go. I appreciate your help! I can't figure it out for the life of me.

In case you're still willing to help me work through this, I did the steps below, and I also put some screenshots into this Drive folder.

1. I uninstalled EuControl, EuCon Workstation Unified, and Bonjour (it was in there with an older date).
2. I unchecked "EuCon Control Surfaces" in Pro Tools.
3. I restarted.
4. I downloaded the latest version of "Eucon Unified Installer" from the Avid Download Center.
5. I ran Eucon Unified Installer.
6. I restarted.
7. I unchecked "Eucon Control Surfaces" on the Pro Tools peripherals/Ethernet Controllers window.
8. I restarted.
9. I checked "Eucon Control Surfaces" on the Pro Tools peripherals/Ethernet Controllers window, and got a script saying it was configuring Eucon.
10. Still no surface (i.e., my tablet or anything else) appears in EuControl (also, when I try to open EuControl, it often does not show on the screen anywhere--it looks like it's opening for a second, but nothing appears. It only shows after configuring like in step 9).

Also, in addition to the steps above on my PC, I uninstalled and reinstalled Avid Control on my tablet.

I appreciate any further ideas you may have...
Old 03-30-2023, 01:47 PM
Avid

No problem, we'll get it sorted.

It looks like Bonjour is now installed correctly.

Do not use the Windows Control Panel Programs to uninstall EUCON, Use the EUCON installer and check the remove all Aps and Remove all prefs.

Then reinstall. But you only need the top check box. Do not install the Unified WS one...its for something else.

Leave the PT EUCON enabled.

EuControl is accessible from the bottom right on Windows, a small E Icon.

When you run that cmd prompt with Avid Control App running on the Tablet do you get anything?