Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-08-2010, 09:35 AM

Default Transfer of PTMP License?

Hi guys,

Do any of you have any experience selling your M-Powered license? (Probably not as you wouldn't need to be here, right?)

We have two copies here now and only need one but I can't find any info on transferring the license.

I've transferred licenses via iLok before no problem (I need to keep this dongle though as it has all my other licenses on it) but how/where do I direct the buyer to download their version of PTMP and the transfer of ownership? The only documents I could find pertained to hardware?

Cheers fellas,

R.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Transfer of PTMP License?

Well...

Transferring the iLok license is very straightforward but even after two Premium PAID calls to M-Audio I can't get any reliable information about how the buyer would register PT M-Powered in order to get all of the downloads/updates.

The new AVID 'MyDigi' Store only seems to allow you to download the full program that you've purchased from them online and I can't find any way to forward a link of the full download to a purchaser.

Sure I could download the full-install and pass that on but even after the two calls (with a guy that admitted not knowing much about license transfers) I still don't trust the transfer would go 100% smoothly and don't feel comfortable selling something that we may have problems with.

The less headaches the better I say...

So I'm stuck with an extra version of PTMP.

What I will say is that Avid/Digidesign/M-Audio online support sucks donkey-balls and premium service obviously isn't any better.

Sad customer relations.

R.