Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-10-1998, 02:42 PM

Default No registration card with 4.2 upgrade?

I recently upgraded to version 4.2, and didn't find any registration card in the packaging. Am I automatically registered, or do I have to send in a card? I want to be sure to receive 4.3 when it's out. ___ Jim.
Old 10-11-1998, 02:55 PM
Avid

Default Re: No registration card with 4.2 upgrade?

Upgrades are automatically registered, and all registered 4.2 owners will automatically receive 4.3 in the mail. So you shouldn't have to do anything but go to your mailbox later this month.

Bruce Paine,
Digidesign Product Information
Old 10-12-1998, 10:40 AM

Thanks for the info.
Old 10-14-1998, 01:04 AM

Recently we upgraded our old Protools Version 3 Nubus system to a Protools 24 Mixplus system, buying a new interface, core system and Version 4.3 software. Although we have registration cards to send in to register the hardware i.e. the interface and the core system there does not appear to be a registration card to send in to register the software. Is this the case and the registration of the software is included in the core system, or should I have a seperate registration card for the software as well?
I ask for two reasons. Obviously we want to receive our backup authorization keys for the software and we also want to be sure that our software purchase is properly registered for future updates/upgrades.
Can anyone advise? Bruce/Digi?

Thanks.
Old 10-18-1998, 11:26 PM
Avid

Every Pro Tools Core system (like yours) includes a Pro Tools software license. When you register your core system, you will be sent a backup disk for the software. If you purchase software separately, such as Pro Tools PowerMix or plugins, backup disks are sent when you register. It sounds like you'll automatically be taken care of when you fax or send in your reg cards.

Bruce Paine,
Digidesign Product Information