Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2021, 02:23 PM

Default No sound on Scarlett 2i2

Completely new user, just installed Pro Tools First, set the hardware to the Focusrite USB ASIO, loaded one of the demos (Songwriter). When I hit play, the cursor moves but no sound. What's my next move? Thanks.
Old 09-30-2021, 03:22 PM

Default Re: No sound on Scarlett 2i2

Make sure all of the track outputs are set to whatever you Scarlett outputs are. Sometimes when you load a session that wasn’t recorded with your interface, the ins and outs will be set to the interface they were recorded with.

System Details
Old 10-26-2021, 08:45 AM

Default Re: No sound on Scarlett 2i2

Not sure if this is the right place to post but I am just setting up the protools with my Scarlett solo and having the same kind of issue. I can hear the sound if I plug my speakers into the headphones, but not hear the sound when I plug my headphones in? I can't seem to make the input and output the Scarlett solo, it only gives me the input 1and 2 and for output. My computer is plugged into the scarlet for input and output and I can hear sound through the headphones for you tube and other computer sounds, like messages, or notifications, so why can't I hear the sound from a track?
I have a new iMac IM, and a new Focusrite Scarlet solo, my preferences are set to scarlet on the Mac and on the playback engine for protools