Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 11-24-2015, 10:55 AM

Default Eleven Redeem Code

Hi there,
I've just bought an Eleven MKII Upgrade (because already own an Eleven LE license), but discovered soon later that I already had a full MKII License in my Pro Tools HD Upgrade Plan.
I didn't activate the redeem code yet. Does anybody know if it is possible to sell my redeem code (to activate with another ilok account) or is it locked to my ilok account?
Thank you!
Fulvio
Old 11-24-2015, 11:09 AM

Default Re: Eleven Redeem Code

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilmalvaggio View Post
Hi there,
I've just bought an Eleven MKII Upgrade (because already own an Eleven LE license), but discovered soon later that I already had a full MKII License in my Pro Tools HD Upgrade Plan.
I didn't activate the redeem code yet. Does anybody know if it is possible to sell my redeem code (to activate with another ilok account) or is it locked to my ilok account?
Thank you!
Fulvio
As far as I know..... No, you cannot transfer or sell any plugins that are associated with your subscription.

You can however, and I do recommend this, keep your upgraded MK II license as it is a perpetual license that is tied to your ilok (this license can be transferred and sold). Who's to say you won't subscribe your HD plan in the future because it's too expensive . If you do happen to unsubscribe to the plan, you can still access your sessions that contained MK II without a hitch as opposed to having to search for and purchase a used license.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:28 PM

i don't know if i screwed up. they gave me an Eleven with my interface as a gift then another came with my PT 12. i only had the one that was given to me activated. but when i bought the MkII it wanted me to forfeit one of my Elevens... so i offered up the new un-activated one that was placed there by my PT12 purchase. now i have the Eleven that belongs to me from my interface and the Eleven MkII i upgraded to. sounds confusing huh? lol

but i should STILL be able to sell the one that was a gift AND the MkII upgrade i bought separately in the future if i sell off assets. right? not planning on selling anything... but just if i so choose?

KNOT HARDLY PRODUCTIONS LLP*
Knot Hardly Esquire
Farcebook Twatter

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Window$10 FX4300 MSI970A-G46 16Gb AMD7870
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

*a Limited Liability Persona
Old 11-25-2015, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guatamas View Post
As far as I know..... No, you cannot transfer or sell any plugins that are associated with your subscription.

You can however, and I do recommend this, keep your upgraded MK II license as it is a perpetual license that is tied to your ilok (this license can be transferred and sold). Who's to say you won't subscribe your HD plan in the future because it's too expensive . If you do happen to unsubscribe to the plan, you can still access your sessions that contained MK II without a hitch as opposed to having to search for and purchase a used license.
Thank you! I think I'll redeem it and than wait for Avid's next unclear "big deal"