Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 11-23-2010, 04:16 AM

Default Pro Tools 9 - Freeze Track & Export Individual

Does anyone know if Pro Tools 9 has the option to freeze tracks (like logic) and bounce individual tracks (also like logic)?

thanks
Old 11-23-2010, 04:29 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 9 - Freeze Track & Export Individual

Just read online that there is no track freeze..... or bounce individual tracks. How difficult is this to implement?!?! Logic has had these features for a long time
Old 11-25-2010, 02:22 PM

Solo the track you want to bounce and see if that works. It worked for me in SONAR and SEQUOIA. It should work in the "Industry Standard".
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!
Old 11-25-2010, 03:25 PM

I heard Pro Tools 10 ships with a silver spoon.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 11-25-2010, 08:41 PM

Just for now, just create a new track and bounce down to it while you go get a cup of tea. It's how we do it in the Pro Tools world for now. And those of us that have been doing it this way for years, a lot of us have no problem with it.

That said, I'd love to see a Freeze track command implemented like they have in Samplitude. It's pretty bad ass to be able to quickly and easily save on that CPU power without doing a lot of steps or losing any of your settings/plugs etc.
Old 11-25-2010, 08:48 PM

What are you doing to the track? Depending on the processing, there are ways to do this in many cases. For instance, If you are using an EQ and a compressor on a track, you can save the settings to both plugins, call up the AudioSuite version and process the track in place(highlight all the audio first). That takes all of 30 seconds per plugin and then you can delete the inserts (and export the track if that's the goal). Some other tracks can't do this, like a VI track with midi and a VI plugin. That type can be bused to an audio track and recorded easily.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 11-25-2010, 09:11 PM

The Advantage to freezing tracks is it's one command. It's also one command to quickly and easily go back and unfreeze it.

For a somewhat underpowered system, or for a session that just got plugin heavy, you can select a bunch of tracks at once and freeze them all at once. One command for everything. Freezing is a badass feature I really hope we see. It's the one thing I really miss about Samplitude.
Old 11-26-2010, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixChurchStreet View Post
The Advantage to freezing tracks is it's one command. It's also one command to quickly and easily go back and unfreeze it.

For a somewhat underpowered system, or for a session that just got plugin heavy, you can select a bunch of tracks at once and freeze them all at once. One command for everything. Freezing is a badass feature I really hope we see. It's the one thing I really miss about Samplitude.
If there was a Mac version of Sampliquoia, Pro Tools would be DEAD, DEAD, DEAD!
PT 2018; Nuendo 8.?; Studio One 3; former Sonar and Sequoia user .... GENELEC 1031A, AVANTONE MIX CUBES (Active); Sibelius 7.0; Dorico; Mac Mini 2.6 GHz Core i7, OS X 10.12.2 Sierra; 16GB RAM; 480 GB System SSD; 1 TB 7200 rpm Audio; 3 TB samples; Roland A-800 Pro controller; GOOD BYE PEE SEA!!