Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 03-21-2009, 03:10 PM

Default Omnisphere / Pro Tools Problem (DAE Error 7401)...

Hey all, I'm new on this board but have been reading it for a while now... and this is the first time I haven't seen a solution posted for my problem already so I thought I'd give it a shot..

I have had issues with Omnisphere ever since I purchased it, every time I install it, it will sometimes work for one session and then when opening up a new session I get a DAE error 7401, I've tried reinstalling it several times, and it just gives me the same DAE Error 7401. I've never had a problem with Spectrasonic software before so I'm lost at the moment.

I'm using Pro Tools 8cs2 and It was the same error for 7.4 when I was using that. I installed the Omnisphere plug in my system drive and the data on my E drive to conserve space on the system drive.

I'm running a...

Microsoft Windows XP
Home Edition Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Dell Inspiron 530
Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
Q6600@ 2.40Ghz
2.39 Ghz, 3.24 GB of RAM

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-2009, 07:44 PM

Default Re: Omnisphere / Pro Tools Problem (DAE Error 7401)...

Anyone...?

Old 03-27-2009, 08:56 PM

i've had my share of quirks with omni since i installed myself.seems like with every omni update ,it gets better. are you up to date with all omni updates?
to me, it seems all modern,demanding vi's suffer in the rtas arena.kontakt,acoustik piano to name a couple always seem to suffer in protools.sure i can run one instance of the above plug ins and everything chugs along nicely.but, try to open a modern vi in a heavy session or try to open more than one instance...... grab the popcorn and enjoy the show,crashfest 2009.
each company blames the other.accept that there is nothing we can do and just call upon every workaround you can think of.sad but true
even after you somehow get everything to work in a heavy session, it will eventually crash. changing a patch and so on.or reopening the session at a later date and get bombarded with access violations wtih NO solutions.
open the above plug ins in another program like reaper and they just simply work.
makes you wonder, spend thousands upon thousands for an HD system to get bogged down or download a free app and run vi's much more painless
to me it seems like its an rtas issue hopefully this format will get seriously looked at
Old 05-21-2009, 09:13 AM

I just bought Omnisphere and I get the same problem.

I have 3GB of RAM on an 8 core PC. I've loaded a RAM monitor program to see what's going on (which only recognizes 2GB of the RAM for some reason).

When I load Omnisphere in a blank or smallish PT session, it works fine and uses about 0.3GB RAM.

However, when I try to load Omnisphere into a larger PT session (one that already uses more than about 0.7GB RAM), then I get a DAE 7401 error. So for some reason PT won't let me use more than 1GB of my RAM. Does anybody know why?

I can try and rebuild the session by stealth, i.e. make a few plug-ins inactive, open an Omnisphere track and then reactivate the other plug-ins, but it still seems to stall when I hit that 1GB barrier. For example, while reloading Garritan patches PT eventually said "ERROR: could not load sample (no big memory block available)".

So my conclusion is that you CAN use Omnisphere on a PC but not if you want to use too many other plug-ins as well. But why can't I use more than 1GB of plug-ins?

Incidentally, I tried the same thing using Omnisphere as a VST (via the FXpansion wrapper) instead of RTAS. It doesn't give a DAE error but it still fails (you get an "Alert - the plug-in failed to load" message instead).
Old 05-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Avid

Do you have the latest version of Omnisphere installed?

Have you contacted Spectrasonics to see if they might have come across this and have a fix?

Can you post a Sandra report as well as going through the Help Us Help You and General Troubleshooting threads and let us know if you've done any of the troubleshooting steps there?

Lastly, generate and post a plug-in version list using the Tech Support utility referenced in the General Troubleshooting thread.
Old 05-21-2009, 11:06 AM

Thanks for your reply. Yes, it's the latest version of Omnisphere, but for some reason Pro Tools fries when I try to use more than 1GB of plug-ins, regardless of whether Omnisphere is one of them. Is that a limitation of Pro Tools on a PC?
Old 05-21-2009, 12:36 PM

Filo is your man on the PC stuff, he's in NZ so will post when most of us are tucked up. Filo?

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 05-22-2009, 02:45 AM

Somebody on another thread suggested I increase my RAM to 4GB and place a /3GB switch into my boot.ini file, then I'd get a further 1GB of RAM working for my plug-ins.

So I'll give that a go for now, and hopefully then Omnisphere and other large plug-ins won't max out my system so easily.
Old 05-24-2009, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Do you have the latest version of Omnisphere installed?

Have you contacted Spectrasonics to see if they might have come across this and have a fix?

Can you post a Sandra report as well as going through the Help Us Help You and General Troubleshooting threads and let us know if you've done any of the troubleshooting steps there?

Lastly, generate and post a plug-in version list using the Tech Support utility referenced in the General Troubleshooting thread.

digi with all due respect,do you think maybe its protools that needs to be looked at? how protools handles ram? maybe make it able to access more?
Modern cutting edge vi performance seems to be very much lacking in protools 8 . they will always make your system crash often sooner than later and of course always in front of a client.

richie, i have the same problem as you, i can run any of my current vi's in a simple session but try to work with them in a large session......not wise! workaround city, flowbusting mess

hopefully one day we will have software that truly lets us create
Old 06-07-2010, 10:21 AM

Does anyone have any updated information on this?

I have one of the most powerful PC's on the planet and it still struggles to cope with Omnisphere on medium sized Pro Tools sessions.