Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools | Intro Discussion

Old 10-20-2021, 05:53 AM

Default Plugins Not Showing Up

Hey, I recently bought the Spread plugin, and I bought it off of DJ Swivel's site. I figured that because the plugin was in the avid marketplace it would show up in PTF (I know that PTF can't take third-party plugins) even though I bought it online. After I downloaded it though I went into PTF and the plugin was not there. I checked the plugins folder in the folders on my computer and the aax version of the plugin showed up there. Is there some explanation for why this is happening?

P.S.
This same thing happened with some other plugins I had gotten from IK Multimedia, Izotope (one of the plugins from them worked but the other two didn't), and Mastering the Mix. Mind you all of these plugins show up in the PT plugin folder on my computer.
Old 10-20-2021, 06:52 AM

Default Re: Plugins Not Showing Up

Plugins bought from Avid Marketplace should work with First and if they do not, contact support.
Old 10-20-2021, 07:49 AM

I did not buy any of the plugins from Avid Marketplace. I bought/downloaded them online. I figured that Spread would work with PTF because the plugin was in Avid Marketplace.
Old 10-20-2021, 08:24 AM

I did not buy Spread off of the Avid Marketplace, but I figured since it was on the marketplace, I could download it online and it would show up. I also assumed that since some other plugins that I had downloaded online worked on PTF this one would too. If those plugins won't work with PTF, will they work if I upgrade to PT?
Old 10-20-2021, 10:40 AM

I did not actually buy the plugin on Avid Marketplace. I bought it online and thought it would work because it was in Avid Marketplace. I realized, though, that the plugins that I downloaded online that worked in PTF all had ILok licenses, so I am sure that might have something to do with it. I do wonder, though, if I upgraded to PT would I be able to get those third-party plugins?