Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 12-02-2015, 03:37 AM

Default Re: Brainworx bx_console Neve VXS Plugin

Yep. I did that mistake!! I was spewin'!!

I honestly thought i had until the end of the month, however the 28th made sense because of the Black Friday Sales. I'm sure they didn't want folks taking an additional discount by bundling it with other purchases as well.

Nonetheless, I figured what the heck and I ended up emailing sales and admitted to my mistake and asked if they would consider revalidating it for another day or two, enough time for me to get it. I figured the worst that would happen is they would email me back with a resounding "NO".

As it seems, they reactivated it, I made the purchase and now a proud new owner of the BX_Console, complete with toothpick and all!! Hahaha
Old 12-02-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon.a.billington View Post
I made the purchase and now a proud new owner of the BX_Console, complete with toothpick and all!! Hahaha
I'm OCD, that toothpick taunts me.
Retro 176 (pair), Pultec EQP-1A (pair), Germanium Comps (pair), BAE 10DC (pair), Distressor (pair), Manley Vari-Mu, Sta-Level, Zener, SSL Fusion, SSL FX G384, API 2500, LA2A, 1176, Bricasti, Massive Passive, Anamod ATS-1, Eventide H3500, TC 2290, Yamaha D5000, PCM92, PCM70... Amps, Amps & More Amps.
Old 12-02-2015, 08:38 AM

It taunts me too!! HAHA

But if you have a close look at some of the buttons, they also seem a bit skewed as if they are really well used.

I figured out a quick hack to get rid of that toothpick, howeve!! Haha

The buttons will take a lot more time and graphic prowess to get sorted if you could be bothered wth that type of thing.
Old 01-27-2017, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamasdragon View Post
Also worth mentioning that I contacted their support a few times, and they really are responsive and give valuable information, while some other companie's support only seem to be prepared to handle installation issues, other than that they only repeat the marketing stuff. What I also like is that their plugins map perfectly on the S6.
I truly in love with some of their plugins.
Hi.
Re the S6 mapping . .
I'm not finding Console mapping that well .
The EQ section has a "mid freq" & "mid gain" that changes the "console" channel number. . Are you getting that ?
Also, the dynamics when focused on the S6 touch screen is a mess.
Am I missing something ?
~ 2019 Rack Mac Pro 3.2 GHz 16 core 384 GB RAM Catalina 10.15.7 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2022.12.0 / HDX 2 + UAD2 PCIe OCTO+QUAD / HD I/O's x 4 + 1 x 96io / Digidesign Pre's x 3 / Avid S6 M10-24 -V22.12.1.34 ~
~ Mac Pro 8 core - clover - 13 GB ram - 10.6.8 / HD5 / Pro Tools 9.0.6 / Magma PE6R4 ~ ARCHIVE RIG

~ Mac Pro (Early 2009) - 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core-32 GB RAM-10.13.6 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 / Apollo 16 / Avid S3 ~
Old 01-27-2017, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
$300 is way too expensive for yet another "Console of the 80's) and we need that as much as we need a pain in the bum
This one is good :)
Old 01-27-2017, 11:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treason View Post
Thank you Plugin Alliance for giving up some great AAX-DSP plugs!
They have always been DSP friendly. To begin with, I think all of their plugins were TDM until XL limiter didn't fit into chip and that was native only. Good thing they continue that tradition with AAX-DSP too :)
Old 02-13-2017, 01:10 AM

i ended up grabbing it on sale for $149 and used my loyalty voucher towards it. $74 is a LOT better price for it and well worth the investment. although i have a few other console type emulations... none of them emulated 72 modules lol and when you mix and match the modules you can get quite a big difference than most other console emulations. i liked it when i demo'd it and hoped for a good price at Christmas and was disappointed... but now i am quite happy. cheers

KNOT HARDLY PRODUCTIONS LLP*
Knot Hardly Esquire
Farcebook Twatter

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Window$10 FX4300 MSI970A-G46 16Gb AMD7870

*a Limited Liability Persona
Old 02-13-2017, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by knothardly View Post
i ended up grabbing it on sale for $149 and used my loyalty voucher towards it. $74 is a LOT better price for it and well worth the investment. although i have a few other console type emulations... none of them emulated 72 modules lol and when you mix and match the modules you can get quite a big difference than most other console emulations. i liked it when i demo'd it and hoped for a good price at Christmas and was disappointed... but now i am quite happy. cheers
That was a good buy.

I ended up getting the VSM with that Voucher, made it a $25no-brainer for me.

I would have seriously have loved the Black Box as well, but cash flow is a bit of a problem when you have kids!! Haha!!
Old 02-13-2017, 07:32 PM

yeah i been wanting the VSM... but i wanted the console more and have for a while.

tried the black box... it sounds nice but to be honest... i think it is over hyped and over priced. you get a LOT more control out of the VSM... and not to mention the saturation market is saturated lol. they should have done a LOT better on that pricing imo it is SO not worth what they are asking :) i would take the VSM over the Black Box any day. cheers

p.s. btw... GREAT price on the VSM too man :)

KNOT HARDLY PRODUCTIONS LLP*
Knot Hardly Esquire
Farcebook Twatter

Window$10 FX4300 MSI970A-G46 16Gb AMD7870

*a Limited Liability Persona
Old 02-14-2017, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by priorytools View Post
Hi.
Re the S6 mapping . .
I'm not finding Console mapping that well .
The EQ section has a "mid freq" & "mid gain" that changes the "console" channel number. . Are you getting that ?
Also, the dynamics when focused on the S6 touch screen is a mess.
Am I missing something ?
The EQ has that "mid freq and mid gain" that is indeed changing the channel number. But I think it's necessary as they had to follow the Avid mapping table. It can only be corrected if we'll have custom mapping available. At least that's what I think.
Honestly I rarely use the dymanics focused on the touch module, but it can be messy as it follows the original Neve layout, which is not conventional. However, on the knob module it is fine. Now I checked on the touch screen and you're right, it's not convenient.