Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Where are the Promised AAX-DSP Plugins??

Quote:
Originally Posted by So Serious View Post
Here's something that's not speculation:

It all comes down to this for me:

The last 3-4 years of Protools development has been:
PT8, new midi and virtual instruments (native)
Air plugins (native)
PT9 & 9HD (native)
PT10 Revibe and Reverb one ported to (native)
The new system 5 channel strip,(native) used it on a mix and it's really nice!
New plugin GUI's (native)

Like everyone is going after waves etc, we should demand that Avid supports their own DSP cards with new innovative plugins in the DSP format.
When PT introduces offline bouncing and bounce in place, will it be native, DSP or both
I don't know, but my guess is native.
We should point out that avid released the Bomb factory plugins as both native and DSP, eq3 is both, the DYN compressor and limiter plugins are both, as you stated the reverbs are both, and I know there are a few more I'm missing that they have already converted to AAX native and DSP.

I don't think ( yes this is just speculation now) they are finished. I speculate that we will see a few more of their Plugins converted to AAX over the next few months and become available in BOTH DSP and native. It takes time.

By the way - its a good thing that they make they plugins work in both formats. The HD Native system is really the best system for basic music production and having access to all the plugins is great for that user.
Old 01-24-2012, 05:18 PM

Default Where Are The Promised Avid AAX-DSP Plugins?

Avid, you promised many more plugins with the product during the launch but when it was released, there were only 4 or 5 AAX-DSP plugins beyond the three you introduced at the launch. Those of us who believed you payed a huge amount of money to buy what is now essentially a boat anchor - the new HDX card. You have totally ignored several requests for information about this both here and in direct inquires. Please answer the question - where are the Avid AAX-DSP plugins??
Old 01-24-2012, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Where Are The Promised Avid AAX-DSP Plugins?

+1
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rus5 View Post
Avid, you promised many more plugins with the product during the launch but when it was released, there were only 4 or 5 AAX-DSP plugins beyond the three you introduced at the launch. Those of us who believed you payed a huge amount of money to buy what is now essentially a boat anchor - the new HDX card. You have totally ignored several requests for information about this both here and in direct inquires. Please answer the question - where are the Avid AAX-DSP plugins??
I really hope avid does the right thing by the loyal HD clients who have spent so many thousands of dollars to support PT HD for so many years now.
Please continue to extend the HD to HDX exchange for as long as it takes for the DSP development to take shape. Most of us pros cannot update now if we wanted to due to lack of development for the platform. So will we be cut off of the opportunity to upgrade even if you guys aren't really ready for us to transition? Give us real timelines for the upgrade program so we can prepare.
Is it over when you release HD11? I say it should be extended at least 6 months after the release of 64bit PT11.

To get a fair HDX price we are forced to give up our existing TDM rigs now, we were over charged for our updates, while new native users were treated like they were the ones supporting the platform all of these years.
Those of us who are professionals are more than willing to continue to support the platform.
Please explain why we cannot continue to use our 192 HD interfaces, I assume that 64 bit support may not work with these interfaces ( I'm not sure why though) but if apogee can write code for the Symphony I/O to work with HDX & HD Native, why can't we use our $3,000 blue 192HD I/O's at least in HD Native if we are able to use any third party I/O as you have stated , shouldn't that include the. 192's we paid so much money for?

Avid, you owe your clients (especially your HD clients) better than this.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:58 PM

No KIDDING! +1

I spent the money too - new I/O's, new Sync HD, new HDX card, new Mac Pro...

now I can't open older sessions to work on them. I'm completely screwed.

thanks Avid. Where's Digidesign? I miss them...they weren't perfect but they weren't so full of [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] either.

Derek
Old 01-24-2012, 07:03 PM

Lightbulb Re: Where Are The Promised Avid AAX-DSP Plugins?

Avid needs to sell product .........in my opinion they have not sold many new 192's because there's many companies who can create excellent interfaces with more options hence Apogee.......
Old 01-24-2012, 07:06 PM

Exclamation Re: Where Are The Promised Avid AAX-DSP Plugins?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deerock View Post
No KIDDING! +1

I spent the money too - new I/O's, new Sync HD, new HDX card, new Mac Pro...

now I can't open older sessions to work on them. I'm completely screwed.

thanks Avid. Where's Digidesign? I miss them...they weren't perfect but they weren't so full of [bleep][bleep][bleep][bleep] either.

Derek
That's why many are sitting on the sidelines waiting......
Old 01-24-2012, 08:26 PM

I would be willing to bet that it's many many of us that are sitting on the sidelines. It doesn't take a genius to figure this stuff out. What the h__ has happened in the Avid front office that has prevented actual thinking from happening?
Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 PM

My guess would be that the Windows version of HDX is next.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-24-2012, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
My guess would be that the Windows version of HDX is next.
And?
Closed Thread