Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 10
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 PM

Default Re: Where are the Promised AAX-DSP Plugins??

It might be worth mentioning here for clarity that PT 10 opens RTAS so the transition does not really have to be instant, as long as it happens in due time
Also interesting that some feel the bar is being raised. Hope that's not just wishful thinking.
Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 PM

For those that made the move to HDX... how many AAX DSP plugins came with Pro Tools 10?

Reason I ask is for the thousands that were spent on HDX, it seems like early HDX users actually GAVE UP the use of DSP for the time being until more AAX DSP plugs slowly trickle out... am I correct?
MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2021)
Apple M1 Max
Memory 64 GB
PreSonus Quantum 26x32 Thunderbolt
Old 01-16-2012, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by houser View Post
It might be worth mentioning here for clarity that PT 10 opens RTAS so the transition does not really have to be instant, as long as it happens in due time
Also interesting that some feel the bar is being raised. Hope that's not just wishful thinking.
That looks good on paper but I haven't seen one post from anyone saying how well that works. I posted a question here http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=315557 and haven't received any replies. I have seen others ask the same and received no assurance.
Old 01-16-2012, 02:03 PM

there are 3 posts there now
Old 01-16-2012, 03:06 PM

Thanks for the info! I almost exclusively use Waves so I'm not in a rush to install the HDX card yet. Hopefully we'll all know a lot more in three days on that front.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:22 PM

Waves RTAS come up as Native with HDX.
Old 01-16-2012, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberts View Post
Waves RTAS come up as Native with HDX.
That's still RTAS, just the way it's displayed has changed in PT10.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 01-16-2012, 09:10 PM

And that will all change when it comes to P Tools 11 and 64 bit support. Add to that the fact that coding for AAX and, at the same time, DSP is supposed to be much easier than coding for TDM when you are, as well, already coding for RTAS. Let the coding begin.
Old 01-17-2012, 12:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlone View Post
...he said some of them were beta but should be out soon and these stuck out to me because they sounded amazing and they were DSP (Phoenix, Channel Strip, Character, Tubetech, The Glue and Softube Summit).
Hi Carlone,

Thanks for the reply. That is great news in fact! I re-read my post and have realized that it might be considered a bit rude - sorry for that; I hope you did not feel "attacked" or something as that was really not my intention. But yeah - I should have written that post using other wording.

But yeah reading all these posts that involve AAX-DSP plug-ins not only from users perspectives but also from the programmers perspectives makes me feel pretty confident that HDX will take off. Granted there are way too little plug-ins available now (why Avid's management have forcefully pushed the launch I obviously cannot say or comment); but I think sooner or later this will improve. Clearly the difference between AAX-Native and AAX-DSP (and yes there is a difference) is much less then the one between RTAS and TDM. That alone will ease the transition. Of course this is no guarantee that all the plug-in providers will offer both, but I still believe that the ones that will adopt both formats will end up in a better position.
Old 01-17-2012, 07:25 AM

Hey Oblivion777

Your post was not rude at all. In fact, I should have made it clear that the plugins were beta.
Closed Thread