Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-23-2006, 03:29 AM

Default Best declicker plug in

Hello all

I'm looking for a good declick plug in for a remastering/restoring work I'm doing on a serie of vinyl records I have transferred to digital; I already have the Waves Restoration Bundle, but the declicker plug in though doing a rather good job has to be set with a really high threshold to effectively remove the great part of the clicks; this seems to affect the sound in a certain way, and it also leaves me do to some manual editing to those really stubborn clicks that pass away untouched by the declicker...the condition of the vinyls is good to almost mint, so those should be some light clicks, and still I have to set the threshold fairly high...maybe doing several lighter passes would do a better job, what do you think?
Do you know of any other good plugs, in the PT environment or even something outside (Sound Forge is another candidate app for restoring work) that are capable of doing a good job?
I was thinking about trying out something from the new line of Cedar plug ins for Pro Tools, but you cannot even download a demo from their website for a tryout...tooooo baaad

Thanx

L.G.
Old 07-23-2006, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Best declicker plug in

Hi Lorenzo,

I've used the Sound Forge Vinyl Restoration, and Noise Reduction plug-ins with great results. As with the Waves plug-ins if the damage is severe the original sound recording will suffer a bit. I've had better luck with the Noise Reduction than the de-clicker though.
Good luck,
CharlieX

Hello all

I'm looking for a good declick plug in for a remastering/restoring work I'm doing on a serie of vinyl records I have transferred to digital; I already have the Waves Restoration Bundle, but the declicker plug in though doing a rather good job has to be set with a really high threshold to effectively remove the great part of the clicks; this seems to affect the sound in a certain way, and it also leaves me do to some manual editing to those really stubborn clicks that pass away untouched by the declicker...the condition of the vinyls is good to almost mint, so those should be some light clicks, and still I have to set the threshold fairly high...maybe doing several lighter passes would do a better job, what do you think?
Do you know of any other good plugs, in the PT environment or even something outside (Sound Forge is another candidate app for restoring work) that are capable of doing a good job?
I was thinking about trying out something from the new line of Cedar plug ins for Pro Tools, but you cannot even download a demo from their website for a tryout...tooooo baaad

Thanx

L.G.