Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video

Old 02-19-2007, 07:04 AM

Default Video Stuck After Region Imports

Hi,

I am playing DV video out the firewire port via my Canopus to my TV monitor. Problem is, every time I import audio to the Regions list, the video on my screen gets "stuck". No more scrolling and no more playback (of the picture). It remains stuck at that frame that I left off before going to import.

The only way I found out to get out of it is to Options > uncheck VIDEO OUT FIREWIRE... and then recheck it. After doing that things return to normal. Only, my client will keep wondering why I'm constantly removing the picture on and off the big monitor!

I'm on PT's 7.3.1. Mac G5 10.4.8. Canopus ADVC-100.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:49 AM

Default Re: Video Stuck After Region Imports

Happens here, too. Weirdly enough not as often anymore as it used to. Same goes for if you use workbrowser, sometimes it freezes the video.

Does your client really notice when you quickly uncheck and check the firewire option?

I know it is annoying, but I never feared my client will notice and ask. The only thing he'll notice is that the video is not running. Then I just say sorry set it back and that's it. That has never been an issue so far.

But then again, this problem kinda happens randomly.
So you're not on your own!

Timothy
Old 02-19-2007, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Happens here, too. Weirdly enough not as often anymore as it used to. Same goes for if you use workbrowser, sometimes it freezes the video.

Does your client really notice when you quickly uncheck and check the firewire option?

I know it is annoying, but I never feared my client will notice and ask. The only thing he'll notice is that the video is not running. Then I just say sorry set it back and that's it. That has never been an issue so far.

But then again, this problem kinda happens randomly.
So you're not on your own!

Timothy
Yeah I hear you... the client may not make a big deal about it but I sometimes to lot's of importing so............ I wish we can find a way to fix this "bug".
Old 04-11-2007, 12:40 PM

I'd like to re-open this and see if there is any new news. I've just upgraded to 7.3.1, on 10.4.8, and my video out the canopus is freezing randomly - not neccesarily after importing audio. Unchecking and re-checking "video out firewire" fixes it, as does scrubbing (with it set to scrub in the window, not via firewire) - after a quick peek with the video in the window, it wakes back up via fw.

Is this something that is fixed in the controversial 10.4.9 update? Or one of the cs fixes of 7.3.1? Any thoughts appreciated.

-adam-
Old 04-12-2007, 07:03 AM

I don't think this answers your problem but I recently switched to the Mojo and my original problem has gone away. Now my new problem is the small movie window automatically pops up when ever I scrub audio. Not too big a problem though.
Old 04-12-2007, 12:00 PM

Quote:
I don't think this answers your problem but I recently switched to the Mojo and my original problem has gone away. Now my new problem is the small movie window automatically pops up when ever I scrub audio. Not too big a problem though.
That's a setting in the option menu.

-Richard
•HD Native, Focusrite, BlackMagic Intensity, i9 9900, 32GB Ram, Windows 10 pro PT 2020.5
•HD Native, Omni, BlackMagic Intensity, i7 8600, 32GB Ram, Windows 10 pro PT 2019.6

[COLOR=SeaGreen][B][FONT=Trebuchet MS]www.TakomaMedia.com