How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-19-2013, 05:51 PM

Default older version of PT on top of PT10

Ok, i'm expecting a lot of flame spray for this one.

I was running PT 10.3.4 on a macpro, 8-core running OSX ML 10.8.2 through an 003r. Here's the stupid part: i tried to install PTLE 7.4 on the machine. Why? To have multiple instances for rolling back to an older version. Soooo....

now i cannot talk with my 003 via PT10 or the core audio manager. This did work and has been for the last few months.

Things I see:
-Getting "unsupported hardware" in Coreaudio with no connectivity.
-003 is showing up in the system report under firewire AND in Audio Device preferences with 18 channels so the MAC at least acknowledges its meager existence.
-PT does not see it, even in playback engine or Hardware, there is only the Aggregate option.

Things i've done:
-clean uninstall of both versions. now i have just 10.3.4
-reinstall 003 drivers
- Tried force update firmware (aux in->7/8 and Mute trick). PT did not give me an option to update firmware.
-Holding "N" while launching PT10. 003r does not show up
-switch FW ports on the 003r. different cable.

I'm not sure what exactly i did wrong, i mean besides the obvious. but did i roll back to an older version of the firmware, is there something that got corrupted or got crossgraded that doesn't get uninstalled?

I am open to ridicule and harsh criticism as i am a network tech and I should know better so please, feel free. but any assistance on the way would make my day a little shinier.