Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-16-2008, 11:30 AM

Default How do I install two versions on Pro Tools on a Mac?

Greetings,

I was thinking of putting this in the PTLE for Mac forum, but this is actually more of a general Mac question.

I currently have Pro Tools M-powered 7.4 installed on my Macbook Pro (2.33ghz, 2gigs ram) which I use with an 1814. I really love this setup and it works perfectly, except the 1814 doesn't have enough outputs (even with my Octepre) and I'd also like to use the DV Tool kit two. So, I plan on buying a 003 rack to use on the computer.

My question is would it be possible to install PTLE on the same directory as the M-powered and if so how do I do that? I'm pretty comfortable on a Mac, but I've never done something like this before. I want to be able to use both systems because the 1814 is incredibly portable and fits perfect in my computer bag when I go mobile to record podcasts, or something where I only need a couple of pre's.

Thanks for any information!

-Adam
Old 03-21-2008, 05:31 PM

Default Re: How do I install two versions on Pro Tools on a Mac?

AFAIK, you can install both versions but I would let the install go to the default directory(I think they should be kept separate).

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave