Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-27-2009, 11:48 AM

Question change volume fader after automated...

Hello,

Is there a way to change the whole automation volume track after it has been set up?

I.E. I have a rack tom that has been set up with volume automation, each drum hit is shaped and pulled down between hits...(acting like a gate)

Can I raise the level of the whole track with a short cut?

I like the automation fader moves of the rack tom, but I would like to increase the fader level over the whole track. Can this be done with a short cut keyboard mouse move?

Am I making any sense?

Part two: :)
Is there a way to raise an automated volume fader level between two points with one move with out having to click on each point. (I could do this with Mackie HDR using the shift key.)

Thanks!!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:57 AM

Default Re: change volume fader after automated...

Triple click on the track and use the ] tool, or insert any plugin that gives you level control.

Part 2, Create a range and use the same tool.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-27-2009, 12:10 PM

Talking Re: change volume fader after automated...

Ah!!! That's it!!!!!! So simple....So Cool...

Thanks a bunch!!
Old 01-27-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOM@METRO View Post
Triple click on the track and use the ] tool, or insert any plugin that gives you level control.

Part 2, Create a range and use the same tool.
Unfortunately the above messes with the last Automation break point which could have audio past it so be careful with that one.

A faster & more accurate way without messing up the last break point, selecting the whole track, or inserting the Trim plug-in, is to place the trim tool past the very last break point or region. What ever comes last is where you place the Trim tool past that point. No need for any selection and it makes for a pretty fast workflow.

Hope that helps.

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 01-27-2009, 01:36 PM

Shane that's awsome!!

I always use the trim plugin if I need last minute changes of whole tracks after automation. When I tried the obvious , that is selecting the whole region and trimming up and down, everything changed in the middle but the start and end points stayed where they were, making a transition between them and the next break point instead of just changing the whole range at the same amount.
Someone showed me both options when I was first learning PT a few years ago.. Then I forgot how to do it and gave up on it ever since. Thanks for bringing it back to me. Now I am not going to forget:)
Old 01-27-2009, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shan View Post
Unfortunately the above messes with the last Automation break point which could have audio past it so be careful with that one.

A faster & more accurate way without messing up the last break point, selecting the whole track, or inserting the Trim plug-in, is to place the trim tool past the very last break point or region. What ever comes last is where you place the Trim tool past that point. No need for any selection and it makes for a pretty fast workflow.

Hope that helps.

Shane

Thanks. Years of this and I've never done it that way, But I like it.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-27-2009, 07:50 PM

+1 definitely!

--Bill
Old 01-27-2009, 09:00 PM

That was my first suggestion as well but you could also open any plugin that is already on the track and adjust its output level(if it has one like all the EQ plugins have). I use both techniques without a preference for either.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave